• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We not done today's yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Comment

So.

Apart from their chairman being a Kipper, what else have Fleetwood done in the run up to the election?

Comment

First typo I've ever seen in the strips - 'traditions' in the one about Fifa...

Comment

Spotter's Badge there sir.

Comment

Ok.

What's the Bielsa joke in today's "Christmas with the Lampards" frame?
            Last edited by Guy Profumo; 24-12-2019, 10:19.

Comment

It's a reference to Leeds spying on Frank Lampard's Derby City earlier this year.

Comment

Ta.

Comment

Very good, and I get most of them but I'm struggling with the Shay Given one - and is there any significance to the wording on Mike Dean's card?

Comment

FC arrives on the top of your house?

"Off you pop"?

Comment

I particularly like the BANTERBETZ sash largely obscuring the "Gamble Responsibly" message.

Comment

Nuneaton lights was my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                          Very good, and I get most of them but I'm struggling with the Shay Given one - and is there any significance to the wording on Mike Dean's card?
                          When Salah scored a wonder goal v Chelsea last season, there was a clip of the studio pundits' reaction - McManaman jumping around, Ian Wright with an amazed "WOW" face.... and Shay Given carrying on eating his dinner.

Comment

Ah, thanks jwdd!

Comment

Pro: Contains a Sean Dyche
                              Con: I liked it when BDG was doing him as Bane

Comment

The Ljungberg one is disturbing in its detailing.

Comment

Thanks jwdd27 for the Shay Given explanation; I was struggling with that one too. Whats the explanation for panel 1 - the Nuneaton Christmas Lights anyone please?

Comment

A few weeks ago the Nuneaton goalkeeper took a penalty, which missed the goal and instead hit a light fitting in the stand behind, sending a fluorescent tube onto the spectators below.

Comment

Thanks SZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                        ... and is there any significance to the wording on Mike Dean's card?
                                        [URL]https://twitter.com/celebrityrefs/status/1076870412980707331?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                          Pro: Contains a Sean Dyche
                                          Con: I liked it when BDG was doing him as Bane
                                          I sometimes mute Sean in his MOTD interviews and do Bane impressions. Mrs Thistle can't remember his name and calls him "Your friend, Bane".

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

When Salah scored a wonder goal v Chelsea last season, there was a clip of the studio pundits' reaction - McManaman jumping around, Ian Wright with an amazed "WOW" face.... and Shay Given carrying on eating his dinner.
                                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XwX_4SiEY

Comment

A dong for Guy...

Comment

I am surprised how much I got of that - the Drip Doctors and Milad Mohammadi ones the only ones I had to look up.

Actually, in thinking about it, what is the deal with Wenger's Bonne Chance caravan?

Comment

Isn't the joke that it's been graffitied and had a sex doll lashed to it?

Comment

I may need a definitive list of the Bantz lads. I have theories on a few (Suarez? Piers Moron?) but would like to be sure.

I presume the make up is just meant to be the crying/laughing emoji and not a reference to Joker as I originally suspected.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X