No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American English is the same as Dutch in this respect.

Comment

Shoes

Boots

Trainers

Daps

Comment

Ugh.

Brogues

Yuk.

Comment

The final gag is a repeat, incidentally. Squires has done Mourinho as Partridge with the "Can I just shock you" line before, talking about wine with Ferguson.

Still, works nicely here anyway.

Comment

The jeans and shoes reference now cleared up, I just need the At -the Drive In (and, indeed, all Mourinho's posters) explained and I missed the Sopranos reference completely so probably that as well.

Comment

Daps? Daps?!?

They're plimsolls! Plimsolls! The bloody jpeg address even says, "school plimsolls"!

Daps.

Comment

Daps or Pumps when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                  The jeans and shoes reference now cleared up, I just need the At -the Drive In (and, indeed, all Mourinho's posters) explained and I missed the Sopranos reference completely so probably that as well.
                  The two brothers from At The Drive In had big hair like Arsenal players Luiz and Guendouzi :

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus were an emo era band, I think the visual is of an Arsenal Fan TV guy.

I'm had to look up Cap'n Jazz but they were apparently influential on emo acts and I presume it's a reference to Xhaka's recent problems.

Uncle Junior frequently upset Tony by saying he was "never a Varsity athlete".
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 05-11-2019, 20:48.

Comment

I thank you.

"Xhaka's recent problems."?

Comment

Granit Xhaka: Arsenal midfielder stripped of captaincy, says Unai Emery

Comment

I liked Roy Hodgson's head turning 180 (with 180 helpfully written on by Squires), because he looks like an owl.

Morrissey's jeans were disgustingly ill-fitting as well as being paired with shoes, I think the cut of them drew more attention than the footwear choice.

Comment

Working...
                        X