X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, according to the Graun.

Comment

Moss Is Boss.

The reference to Scotty Canham has mystified me though.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-10-2019, 12:52.

Comment

I thought it was good this week, though like you I didn;t get the Scotty Canham thing nor the bit with (I presume Phil) Jones.

I did like the red card cheerios though

Comment

The Phil Jones bit is that OGS wants (sacrificial) virgins in the side and the player in question reveals he has a girlfriend so he turns to Jones.

Strangely, Jones was actually a late injury call up to the bench on Sunday after Tuanzebe was injured in the warm up. The player in the strip doesn't look like Tuanzebe though and has something strange going on with his hair I can't work out so not sure if there's another reference too.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-10-2019, 14:00.

Comment

It's a (very good) Wicker Man reference, with OGS as Lord Summerisle (the hair thing is, I guess, some kinda pagan flower crown)

Comment

Ah, it did put me in mind of Midsommar actually, so that's probably it.

Comment

I'm in Stansted Airport trying to hide tears of laughter at the Klopp joke and callback, the Abramovic callback to a cartoon years ago, the Wicker man bit.
                Best strip for ages against very stiff competition.

Comment

The cereal box. Just that elevates this strip to top, top status.

I don't know how BDG can just throw away jokes like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    The player in the strip doesn't look like Tuanzebe though and has something strange going on with his hair I can't work out so not sure if there's another reference too.
                    I'd guess it's meant to be Daniel James.

And isn't the Scotty Canham thing meant to be about that West Ham fan way back when who said that he was going to be a much better player than Lampard?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      The cereal box. Just that elevates this strip to top, top status.

I don't know how BDG can just throw away jokes like that.
                      Indeed.

Work of genius.

Comment

....and I 've got the Cheerios reference. Fuck me, that is genius.

Comment

If the Graun nominate either Martin Rowson or Steve Bell for their entry as cartoonist of the year they need their bumps felt

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                            When you see it, it's just marvellous, ain't it.

Comment

Tell us, then...

Comment

Aged tahith Chong and Klopp's one tooth is genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

Tell us, then...
                                  Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio (I assume)

Comment

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio (I assume)
                                    This. It's what fans chant when a player gets a red card (which you can see added to the cereal box).

Comment

He's surpassed himself. Again.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...t-ozil-arsenal

Comment

Was just coming to post that and speculate on quite how long it's going to take to "unpack" it all.

Those are spectacularly bad likenesses of Corbyn & Ramsey, for a start.

Comment

SPOILERS!

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1189135503351672832?s=20[B][/B]

Comment

Trump as a gooner sounds about right.

He'd never stand, though.

Comment

The basis for that is Barron being seen wearing one of their shirts (or he/Trump being presented with one, probably by Piers Moron) isn't it?

Comment

Comment

Thought so, you may want to put a warning on that first photo, mind. It's almost lunchtime over here.

Comment

As ever, it's the details wot make it.

The portable radio / cassette player is a JVC.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X