No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Women in Love (possibly via Partridge) reference. "Two men... naked as the day they were born..."

Comment

it's just..... It's just so glorious. All of it .

Comment

One of those rare ones where the first panel is the best.

But then Jedi was my first Star Wars experience and I've always loved it.

Comment

That board with the cards was in the Chernobyl series too:

Comment

What's going on with Brian Kidd messing around? Why Efan Ekoku? Erm, that's it, I think this time.

Comment

Fucking hell. Pretty much every week I think Squires has surpassed himself and won't be able to hit such heights ever again and then he does.

I can't always pretend that I get all the references but every week there's at least three panels that have me howling with laughter.

Pukki as an Ewok, Kyle "AT-ST" Walker (especially in the penultimate panel with his head dented), Cantwell's celebration, Socratis... in fact just the whole goddamn thing.

Wonderful. Amazing. Bravo.

Comment

Kyle "AT-ST" Walker (especially in the penultimate panel with his head dented)

I think the dents are my favourite detail in the whole thing.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Phil Jones and Ed Woodward this week.

Comment

Granit Xhaka via Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rsenal-captain

Comment

Ok.

What have I missed about Xhaka?

Comment

And I want a fiver for that Morrissey joke...

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eague-managers

Honk.

Comment

Everything about that is wonderful.

Comment

OK, I need the Spurs Whatsapp and Digitial Goose panels explained a little, I think.

Sorry, I've been distracted by the rugby and athletics in recent weeks.
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-10-2019, 11:19.

Comment

The goose reference is to the Untitled Goose Game which is taking the world by honks (I'm told) https://goose.game/

Comment

That last panel is such an old joke so cleverly rebooted. Laughed out loud at my desk!

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                    Hahahahahaha, oh my word, the Untitled Goose Game panel, amazing.

Too, too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                      The goose reference is to the Untitled Goose Game which is taking the world by honks (I'm told) https://goose.game/
                                      Thanks for that. That has both cleared it up and obfuscated it more. Not often Ray needs the same explanations as me (albeit I had already googled a couple).

Comment

I thought it was a Goose Fair reference, but couldn't fathom it.

Thanks people.

Comment

Squires drawing my favourite goose is the best thing ever, and the Longstaffs are great.

Comment

Well that's probably my favourite strip yet. I particularly love Aaron Connolly in the shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                              and the Longstaffs are great.
                                              For me it was the "Can I have a Calippo?" line. There's just something so innocent and honest about a kid asking for a Calippo.

Comment

I must admit I didn't understand a lot of the pop culture references in this one, but that's no-one's fault but my own. Increasingly I find that it's the only good part of the Guardian sports section, now that much of the rest of it has just become a "MAN UTD CRISIS CLICKBAIT EXTRAVAGANZA" with Jonathan Wilson demonstrating that he is the Poor man's dalliance, by writing the same poseur article every couple of days, like he has a progressive degenerative brain disease. Also I can't believe that Paul Wilson is still alive.

Comment

Has Mauricio Pochettino said something nice about Qatar?

Comment

Is he on holiday?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X