Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some brilliant work here. The Abramovic stuff is particularly fantastic, though I always say "I have the balls of a lion" when Di Canio appears on TV, to the bemusement of my dwindling bunch of friends and family.

Comment

Those are absolutely fantastic. The Paul Gascoigne one is a work of genius. It must have taken you fuqing aaaaages, though.

Comment

This is probably as good a time as any to say that Mungo is dead. Dotmund emailed me last week to say that he couldn't really be bothered to do it any more, and that he probably shouldn't have carried it on after the end of last season. So, umm, if anybody knows any cartoonists...

Comment

Some fairly dodgy caricatures here (not my strong point), but here's a new cartoon about shouting at footballers and the moral code many expect them to live by. http://thesunshineroom.com/2013/03/17/somewhere-in-a-parallel-universe/

Okay, it was really just an excuse to draw one of my favourite pubs.

Comment

haha, Judas Scum

Comment

Big Daves Gussett wrote: Some fairly dodgy caricatures here
              I didn't think they were. Loved that the pub wall has a signed shirt and tie.

And yeah, recalling an email does never work. Excellent!

Comment

Somewhere in a Parallel Universe...

Comment

I know this was linked a couple of times during the World Cup but it's now "completed" to the end of the tournament

http://thesunshineroom.com/2014/06/28/world-cup-drawings/

Comment

Holy good gravy, that Princess Luis frame has just made me snort (very hot) tea out of my nose. Masterful.

I think I may have mentioned it on a past thread, but I'd be made up to have a BDG portrait of me for visitors to my humble abode to be wowed by.

Comment

Manga Zlatan is my favorite out of all of them, I think.

And well done for incorporating "that photo" of the Schalke supporter.

Comment

I'm actually coming around to thinking giving the award to Messi wasn't so dumb. I mean, he scored over half their goals and they got to the final, so...

But those cartoons are beyond outstanding.

I would like to see Manga Zlatan be a regular series.

Comment

They wouldn't have gotten out of the group without him.

And everything else you said.

I didn't think it was possible, but he's gotten better.

Comment

The German set piece one still makes me giggle every time, and I've looked at it more than a couple of times.

Comment

I've just noticed that God has a 'Spenge' patch on his denim and now that's my favourite thing ever.

Comment

Brilliant!

Especially liked the drawing of Klinsmann helping someone try on shoes and the Robben/Walter White one.

Comment

Magnificent, so many great ones.

Suarez biting Tavares' ankle my personal fave.

And the Captains reading out the messages.

And Terminator-steiger.

And...

Comment

Suarez biting Tavares' ankle is brilliant - it's one of the ones that are especially good if you are scrolling slowly down the page.

Comment

Yeah, that Suarez one was excellent (and then immediately followed by the image de resistance, the Diana-head).

BDG's stuff shows up in quite a few places, including on erstwhile Star Trek actor and somewhat geek celeb Wil Wheaton's tumblr (taken from Mic.com, who do credit BDG)

Comment

Mumpo Redentor wrote: Suarez biting Tavares' ankle is brilliant - it's one of the ones that are especially good if you are scrolling slowly down the page.
                                        I presume you mean Tabarez, unless Luis has since attacked the funky band of brothers from the seventies. Or maybe the apostrophe is misplaced and it is former England batsman and insomnia cure Chris Tavare being gnawed on whilst trying to beat him away with gentle forward defensive strokes.
                                        There's potential for a series here.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I specifically put in the Bundesliga Puke Jesus (BPJ) for my old OTF chums.

Comment

I knew it was Tabarez, but since such sounds/spellings are interchangeable in Spanish I deliberateLy paid tribute to the 70s brothers.

Altogether now: "HEAVEN! Must be missing an angel!"

Comment

All aboard!

Comment

Big Dave's G. has a new gig with the Guardian. Excellent stuff http://www.theguardian.com/football/cartoon/2014/nov/13/david-squires-footballers-wearing-poppies?CMP=twt_gu

Comment

Bang on, as usual.

Comment

Very good - but it's court martial...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X