Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

#MumImadeit

I love the way that the longer these go on, the richer the Squiresworld becomes, and you can see how BDG is getting more relaxed and familiar with his 'voice'. It's like the way that a good tv cartoon can completely take off once the writers develop their world a bit. Like the golden age of the simpsons Or Southpark, when they realised that the show could be about Homer or Cartman interacting with the world around them. A huge amount of work and thought obviously goes into every joke, but BDG manages to make it look so smooth without a team of forty gag writers who tore it up in the crimson.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: This makes me happy
      That's the bit that went straight past me, I'm afraid.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Wooo. Thanks. Completely new on me, that. And I found myself looking at the review of the place just down from where I work, there.

Comment

Ah man, this might be my favorite so far. The panels with Ranieri are perfect.

Comment

Why is a lad who speaks like my son while reviewing fried chicken on Youtube a cultural reference?

Comment

Because he's this week's viral sensation. Do keep up, granddad.

Comment

I think some of my Cymric cousins and I have got to David.

Comment

Realizing the Pengest Munch lost the middle-aged Welsh posters, Mr Squires brings it back to basics.

Comment

The fumes from the scrapbook glue will do that to you, I guess.

Comment

What film is Andy King watching?

Comment

What or who is the Drip Doctor?

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: What film is Andy King watching?
                            I think that's The Revenant.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: What or who is the Drip Doctor?
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/5kmmmm/nasri_getting_extra_treatment/

Summary: apparently they're a questionable "medical" group in Los Angeles that offer quackish treatments, mostly in the form of IV drips with vitamins in them. They're also almost certainly a knocking shop.

This is relevant in regards to football as apparently Samir Nasri took treatment from them that also involved, ahem, "extra treatement" which then presumably led to his now-ex-girlfriend taking over his Twitter account and delivering a series of tweets outing him (mixed in with some scrambled apologies, probably from Nasri himself) before Nasri deleted the account entirely (not before people took lots of screenshots though).

Comment

Gerontophile wrote:
                                Originally posted by Ray de Galles
                                What film is Andy King watching?
                                I think that's The Revenant.
                                That was my initial thought but that film's not really "dystopian", is it?

Comment

Who is that behind Sam Allardyce? I am not going to ask about the Curly Wurly and the Um Bongo (nor, indeed, the pop cultural reference I am, no doubt, missing about the frame)

Comment

Sammy Lee on one side, Steve Parish on the other.

Comment

How long before some enterprising university (the Swindon campus of Oxford Brookes perhaps) offers a degree course in The Semiotics of Squires?

Comment

Delighted to find that my youngest has bought me BDG's book for Christmas. However, since it's not arrived yet, she bought me a pannetone.

I call that a good deal.

(Like the crowd of Vardy masks BTW).

Comment

That quip about it being the most brexit thing ever is perfect.

Comment

...one of them's just a gang of stray cats...

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: What film is Andy King watching?
                                              The Road.

Comment

BDG put a sausage in Corbyn's beans. But the mark of a successful satirist is that when you make a mistake, people will be prepared to believe it's an irony, a reference that they missed.

Just don't start coasting, Squires. We're watching you.

Comment

Not just that, look at the last panel.

It's quite well established that Danny Baker doesn't own a mobile phone. Two basic errors - who is this impostor and what has he done with Dave?

Comment

tee rex wrote: BDG put a sausage in Corbyn's beans. But the mark of a successful satirist is that when you make a mistake, people will be prepared to believe it's an irony, a reference that they missed.

Just don't start coasting, Squires. We're watching you

Comment

Working...
                                                    X