• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Invisibility?

Comment

Disappointed that you didn't make it onto the list of celebrity Palace fans N'est a.
      I thought I had, but it turns out to be Kid Jensen.

Comment

Am I being dim in not quite following the reference to "losing the Europa League Final"?

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: Am I being dim in not quite following the reference to "losing the Europa League Final"?
          The guy is wearing a Liverpool top, and the textbox above him ends in "melted the hearts of even United's fiercest critics."

Comment

Ah, I got that he was a Liverpool supporter but not that it was a reference to them losing it not Man U.

Short response : yes, I was being dim.

Comment

Loved the fact that Kid Jenson is only half in both the frames he appears in, due to his divided loyalties.

Comment

The Karen Harding analogy is staggeringly apt.

Comment

Eddie Izzard, Nookie Bear, Pardew dancing. Great stuff.

Comment

I wonder if BDG researched Roger de Courcey's current look or guessed :

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote: The Karen Harding analogy is staggeringly apt.
                      Who's Karen Harding and what's the analogy?

Comment

She was the singer who completely ballsed up the one job she had to do.

Comment

I thought she was refusing to sing GSTQ as a republican protest.

Comment

I completely missed this story. So there was a singer (pre match type thing?) who sang badly? Or failed to sing? or something else?

Comment

amid the general hubbub she missed her cue to start and just stood there holding the mic while people sang GSTQ around her. i think she'd made it into the mix by "happy and glorious".

Comment

Video here. Apologies for the Mail link. I think in-ear monitors were probably the cause of the problem.

I like the fact that the gag isn't explained much in the first frame leading to a bit of 'WTF' before the pay-off in the final one.

Comment

Can someone explain tha "Squad!" thing? I must've missed it.

Comment

When the Man Utd bus was getting attached outside the Boleyn Ground/Upton Park the other week; as most of the team ducked for cover Jesse Lingard was recording it all on his mobile and shouting "Squad!".

Comment

Ahh. Thanks.

Comment

I've no idea who these people are, but that's one stunning final frame!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/picture/2016/may/26/david-squires-on-nicky-winmar-and-indigenous-players-in-the-afl

Comment

Uncle Mou's Family Feedbag

How apt that the reference should be from the episode Bart Sells His Soul, as more than a few people at Man Utd have done so recently.

That and something about the Champions League or other...

Comment

Guy Profumeau wrote: I've no idea who these people are, but that's one stunning final frame!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/picture/2016/may/26/david-squires-on-nicky-winmar-and-indigenous-players-in-the-afl
                                            That's a damn good strip. I think the guy in a Collingwood tie in the last panel is Eddie Maguire. And that's quite enough about him.

Comment

There's stuff in this week's that's outside my arena and means nothing to me, but the Secret Life of Human Reptiles frame had me laughing out loud.

Comment

Squires, me lad, take a bow. Again.

Comment

Genius bordering on the deranged. Having said that and not having seen the match, the crying Atletico supporter is now my hero as well and I will be seeking out footage forthwith.

Comment

Aw, I'm going to have to watch some highlights of the final myself now.

Amazed Rio's tux (which was about the only bit I saw) didn't make the cut. The again sometimes satire can't match the hilarity of reality.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X