Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure the artist followed Mr W around for the day and drew from life.

Comment

my favourite bits. Gunnersaurus drumming his fingers, the poster on the wall of the cinema, and what van gaal is wearing. I can't stop laughing at the picture of louis van gaal.

Comment

Arsene's day is fantastic. The chessboard panel is one of those instant classic images that will forever be imprinted in my brain.

As for top expressions (a page late I know), Rafa being called to Chelsea surely.

Comment

I'll never see Steve Bould in the same way again.

Comment

Giving the swan number 14 is a subtle stroke of genius too, given that the biggest criticism of Wenger seems to be that he hasn't signed a proven goal scorer.

Comment

The Guardian's football section is usually extraordinarily testy below the line. That he receives such a high proportion of praise on there whilst taking the piss out of the biggest clubs really does speak volumes about the quality of his work.

Comment

I'd have been happy if the whole strip was dedicated to Arsene filling time on deadline day.

Comment

More brilliance from the boy BDG.

Referencing Jermain Defoe's executive assistant search was a stroke of genius too.

Comment

The eye of the person in the Gunnersaurus costume is superb. Adds to the "tap tap tap" so you can really see that s/he's lost patience waiting for Arsene to make his move.

Comment

Bit of HAL 9000 thing going on with the Gunnersaurus eyepiece.

Also like how all the white pieces 'in shot' are lined up in their starting positions, so Wenger is clearly wrapped up in concentration pondering his first move, a riposte to the redoubtable mascot's gambit of prodding a pawn forward two squares.

edit- the panel might admit of a more disturbing interpretation, that neither Wenger or Gunnersaurus know how to play chess.

Comment

Also interesting in the comments how many people are bemused by a conventional cartoon monocle.

This is what you get for raising a generation not force-fed a diet of DC Thomson and Fleetway comics from ages 4-10 to the exclusion of all other reading material.

Comment

Is the swan bearing the number 14 a veiled reference to Franck Tabanou?

Comment

I mean, I bet if David sticks a piled high plate of bangers and mash in the next one, BTL people would be like 'what's that on Falcao's plate, is it some kind of sex toy?'

Comment

They do have swan pedalos for real at the pond in Finsbury Park, although they're not that big in real life.

Comment

The eye of the person in the Gunnersaurus costume is superb.
                                haha, i didn't notice that first time around

Comment

That's the best thing about Dave's cartoon strips, the little asides within the frame. It's reminiscent of the Airplane/Police Squad movies and Wallace and Grommit.

Comment

That's a cracker, and agreed on Arsene's Day Off. Brilliant.

Quick back reference to little details in previous strips: Daily Mail headline abut migrants bringing in Sharia law; and the Palace player taking a complete air swing in front of Diddy.

Comment

Superb stuff as ever. Loved the Adam Sandler movie reference.

Comment

Jumping on the Wales bandwagon.

This might be my all-time favourite BDG cartoon.

Comment

Jones the Steam's one-man pitch invasion... sorry, there's... there's something in my eye...

Comment

Sits wrote: That's a cracker, and agreed on Arsene's Day Off. Brilliant.

Quick back reference to little details in previous strips: Daily Mail headline abut migrants bringing in Sharia law; and the Palace player taking a complete air swing in front of Diddy.
                                            Ryan Giggs having a five o'clock shadow in three of his four stages of aging in this week's.

Comment

Some of the comments this week are great. Particularly the (I presume) Manchester United fan arguing in favor of Ryan Giggs playing more competitive games for Wales than you might think, only missing friendlies and completely missing the point of a cartoon.

Comment

Love the Twitter logo

http://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2015/sep/15/david-squires-on-what-football-can-expect-under-jeremy-corbyns-reign-of-terror

Comment

Love the whole of that cartoon. Genius.

Comment

"Torpedo Sunderland" is a good one, then to use it to set up Greg Dyke in a forced labour camp... :-D

Comment

Working...
                                                    X