Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine lol at the supporter pointing to his sock a'la Souness

Comment

Of course, ITV did actually ruin Foyle's War by deciding its fifth series would be its last. The first four outings had only gotten them as far as March 1943, but cancellation saw them jump to April 1944 and work their way through to the end of the war over the course of the run. They then realised it was actually very popular and they strung it out for three more post-war series, including some silly ones where Foyle was a spy.

There was a lot of pain in that Squires panel. Possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
        Genuine lol at the supporter pointing to his sock a'la Souness
        That prompted only the very vaguest of recollections for me. Any more detail on it that will cause me to slap my head and mutter 'Of course!"?

Comment

"That is a booking"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVgxYa3mlo

Comment

And on the 200th anniversary of the Manchester Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rdian-birthday

(Janet not appearing)

Comment

Consider me a big fan of a horse drawn by Squires.

Comment

Has always been a particular strength of his

Comment

A cracker. Jonathan Wilson will be very chuffed, I'm sure.

Comment

Wilson is going to start dressing like that

Comment

I hope BDG breaks his "never read the comments" rule for this one. Clearly his tribute to Alan McLoughlin is much appreciated by the readers.

Comment

The warm-up to Brighton - West Ham gets a mention - David Squires on … Leicester’s FA Cup final triumph over Chelsea | Football | The Guardian

Comment

That fourth panel has me in tears. There will never be a more accurate rendering of Jamie Vardy anywhere, not even in actual photographs of him.

Comment

The chinstraps joke made me laugh and that whole panel is absolute gold.

Comment

I love the Mark Morrison frame.

Don't get the Brendan Rogers mirror gag (though am sure it's some tale of his egotism) and had to google the Danny McGrain reference.

Comment

It's very perceptive of BDG to notice that Marc Albrighton's defining characteristic is an aura of wonderfulness, I thought only Leicester fans realised that.

Comment

Are we sure that's the real Mark Morrison though?

Comment

Ray de Galles Three envelope trick from his Liverpool days

Comment

Ah, thanks. That's a ridiculous stunt, one can never quite forget how deeply weird Rogers is.

Comment

Someone helpfully explains the Danny McGrain reference in the comments underneath.

If anyone wonders what the Danny McGrain reference is - Brendan once told a romantic story at a fans event that he met Danny at the Celtic training ground not long after he took over and assured him his job as a coach was safe with him as manager. Danny later confirmed that the meeting never happened!

Comment

Got an email from my General secretary just now headed
                                          LEICESTER MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS!
                                          Chuckled, imagining her as a disgruntled Chelsea fan

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...6SR7dx1RAJBFdw

"[Liverpool] were the first side in history to suffer some injuries, but they never complained about it"

Brilliant

Comment

Was Brendan Rogers wearing a monogrammed face mask then? I've googled for evinced but can find none?

Comment

Was wondering same and had a similar result. He has worn one with prominent adidas branding.

Comment

I love Brain Moyes!

Comment

Oh dear.

It appears there may be no strip this week:

From the boy Gussett himself:

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1402152452598558721

What could possibly have happened over the last seven days that would cause such a reaction from the legal advisors?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X