Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
    I got most of it (assuming Dyche's goggles were a goal/victory celebration) but one detail bothers me. Why is Solskjaer wearing fingerless gloves? Ferguson didn't at that last match. Does Solskjaer wear them. Admittedly, it's not a crucial detail.
    Isn't Solskjaer's appearance a reference to a film - some sort of classic sci fi which I haven't seen, not Blade Runner, but something similar?

Comment

Someone suggested the Terminator earlier, and that would seem to be it

Comment

Includes a brilliant Prince homage.

David Squires on … the constant deluge of Premier League football | Football | The Guardian

Comment

As we all predicted, Tuchel is going to be great Squires material, and thats a very strong start. I also liked the Roy Wood and the Steve Bruce. And Bale in his golf gear at training.

Comment

Jody Morris' appearance a highpoint of two consecutive strips.

Comment

Steve Bruce as Frank Grimes is superb.

Comment

Who is the continental drift? Looks like Mark Hughes but not sure...

Comment

Harry Maguire

Comment

Certainly looks more like Hughes, not one of his better ones.

Comment

I don't get the John Finnemore joke?

Comment

What's the John Finnemore joke?

Comment

Drawing a beard on your face

Comment

Who is John Finnemore?

Steve Bruce draws a beard on his face because he has gone mad at his lack of recognition compared to Rafa Benitez, in the same way Frank Grimes did with Homer Simpson in The Simpsons, S8 E23, "Homer's Enemy", written by John Swartzwelder.
                            Although in that case Grimes was actually substantially more competent and accomplished than Homer, but less popular, whereas Bruce, it could be argued, is both less competent and less popular. The best joke in that episode is that Homer lives in a "mansion", compared to Grimes' apartment, which is above a bowling alley... and below another bowling alley.

Comment

It's Guy being Guy

Comment

The Frank Grimes thing is a bit too niche for my liking. I mean, I've watched a fair bit of the Simpsons, and probably could name around 30 characters, but I'd never heard of Frank Grimes. Sometimes I feel like my finger isn't on the pulse of Guardian culture.

Comment

To be fair he was only in that one episode, although he is alluded to in later episodes, and his grave is shown (spoiler alert, he dies in the episode because he grabs live wires in both hands [Bruce grabbing both of Shelvey's ears being the equivalent]).

Comment

I have missed Frank Grimes and the John Finnemore link. Fortunately, it was funny with those.

Comment

The "Social Media" in this week's crosshairs

https://www.theguardian.com/football...f-social-media

Some corkers in there

Comment

The Abbey Road panel was the highlight.

Comment

"Tickle time!"

https://www.theguardian.com/football...under-pressure

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

There is a lot I don't get in this one
                                              • peep tapes?
                                              • the penguin?
                                              • the thing about the Chelsea website?
                                              • Darren Drysdale?
                                              • The bubble picture?
                                              • The Richard E Grant as witch thing?

Comment

The Witchfinder General is BT Sport's former referee and officiating pundit Peter Walton, I think.

The penguin is possibly another reference to how cold The Hawthorns is.

Comment

I caught up on a couple of weeks worth. Loved the reference to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade from last week's!

Comment

Darren Drysdale is the ref who did that stupid macho fake headbutt thing on a player recently.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X