No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And he never mentioned it again - https://www.theguardian.com/football...2-win-in-spain

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

I assume that Ings got fed up with sorting Hasenhuttl's gloves so ran back to Liverpool.
      Ah, I didn't get the callback to the opening frame. Thanks.

I do like very meta strips like this week's. Poor show of Squires not to schedule his holiday during the winter break, mind.

Comment

Cheese y onion!

Oddly, considering it is about an England friendly at a time when my interest in football was only just about starting, I got all of the references - apart from the Sporting Triangle t-shirt.

Comment

I love DS's version of nostalgia. it seems a lot more truthful than other forms.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
            I got all of the references - apart from the Sporting Triangle t-shirt.
            Missing the "S" at the end:

Comment

It might be just me but the Q on the Quasar boots looked a lot like the Q logo used by Q-Force, the aquatic wing of Action Force. But a mash-up joke about that that might have been a niche 80s reference too far for BDG.

Comment

"Quasar's patented stoat leather technology" creased me up, for some reason I fear I will never fully understand.

I'm keeping a keen eye out for Sammy Spoonbill from here on out, mind.

Comment

I think those awful kits they did for Charlton did irrevocable damage to Quasar's reputation. I just see Clive Mendonca wearing a shirt with the biggest, widest, ugliest placket ever buttoned up.

Comment

I taught Mendonca’s son a few years ago- a lovely lad and a full-on cinephile whose Cineclub choices were legend

Comment

I had a "poem" about Clive Mendonca published and then quoted in WSC...

Comment

Opening lines:

"Clive Mendonca,
                        You absolute plonker"

??

Comment

So,
                          Farewell then,
                          Clive Mendonca.

Your surname rhymes with
                          Plonker.
                          This is apt.

Comment

So easily reworked to Clive Mendonkey.

(Although I remember him being pretty good, so he probably never got called that)

Comment

He was a hero, but he left us shortly after missing a sitter at Crewe which would've given us an FA Cup fourth round replay and a chance to reach the fifth round for the third time in our history...

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                It might be just me but the Q on the Quasar boots looked a lot like the Q logo used by Q-Force, the aquatic wing of Action Force. But a mash-up joke about that that might have been a niche 80s reference too far for BDG.
                                It did indeed, now that you mention it.

One of the highlights of the V&A Museum of Childhood was the display case full of Action Force toys, all that remains of my once proud collection is the hull of the Red Shadows Shadow Trak in the bag of miscellaneous toys my parents keep in their attic for my kids to play with.

Comment

Wow is that still there? I'd like to see that.

Comment

As if by magic I met son of Mendonca yesterday when I was on the metro replacement bus. I didn’t mention his dad ‘trending’ on otf. Good job given the turn it has taken. Not that he was remotely interested in football, too busy with Dreyer frame composition and early Soviet montage

Comment

Mendonca, woa-oah
                                      Mendonca, Woa-ooh-oh-oah
                                      He scored in the play-offs
                                      His son's a movie buff

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                        I'm keeping a keen eye out for Sammy Spoonbill from here on out, mind.
                                        Eh?

I have just realised the one reference I don't get is who the picture on Lineker's locker door (aside from Beardsley).

Comment

Bumsted

This week's "Who is..." is the tall chap on the right of the Adam Smith panel.

Comment

Ashley Barnes, I think,

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                              Ashley Barnes, I think,
                                              Looks more like Chris Wood - the chin is distinctive.

Comment

"Throw him in a river to see if he be a demon" made me laugh.

Comment

I was, at best, only dimly aware of the Bob Paisley advert until it was referred to in this week's strip.

Bloody hell, bloody fucking hell. The absolute state of it.

Comment

Blimey

Comment

Working...
                                                    X