Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She went full Redknapp. Glorious.

Comment

Who's the "kin yes, lads" boy? (and is he the same as the "gertcha" one)
      And is the "inherited power" hat wearer supposed to be somebody or just a general fan?

Comment

That's six-year old Prince George (the youth team).

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
          E!0 I've never seen that documentary in its full glory. What happens that season, and why in the name of god did they allow a camera into the orient dressing room?
          I sort-of have the full story, best told over a pint - it was my then girlfriend that made the documentary, after I got her into the O's. Blimey, brings back some memories.

Comment

Actually, just as an anecdote - we were in the crowd for the game where that scene happened. GF had access to the dressing room for half-time; I stood on the terrace wondering why the players had come back out early, she then rejoined me saying 'you'll never believe the stuff I've just got', and we couldn't wait to get back home and watch the rushes on our telly. Eye-popping stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              wonder if we're meant to recognise the person being served the swan/pig?
              Zac Goldsmith, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                Whats the "Bloody Gibbo" reference from the lizard anyone?
                About a month ago there was a thing on Twitter about the Queen's death being announced on some bantz-tastic WhatsApp group containing Gibbo, Morty, Cheeks and some other similar type names.

Comment

Oh, good spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    Stunning stuff, am I right in thinking they've disabled the comments again?
                    Yep. It was the first thing I looked for.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                      Actually, just as an anecdote - we were in the crowd for the game where that scene happened. GF had access to the dressing room for half-time; I stood on the terrace wondering why the players had come back out early, she then rejoined me saying 'you'll never believe the stuff I've just got', and we couldn't wait to get back home and watch the rushes on our telly. Eye-popping stuff.
                      Holy Fuck. I can't even imagine what that must have been like at the time.

Comment

The Lizards were hilarious

Comment

I think we can also safely say that BDG listens to the WSC podcast - episode 4 contains the "dinner" clip.

As I am sure that you all already know, being keen subscribers and Patreons. *narrows eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post

Zac Goldsmith, I think.
                            Ah yes, makes sense. I hadn't seen that the three-time loser Islamophobe had taken his consolation prize seat in the Lord's yesterday.
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-01-2020, 14:50.

Comment

John, I'm fairly sure I met you during that season. Have we discussed this before on here?

Comment

Berba, that docco was made just as a curio I think - young film-maker living in east London making a pitch. In the aftermath of the Graham Taylor docco, they think it's a flier. They are then handed comedy/car-crash gold in a season that went spectacularly pear-shaped, with the club dicing with bankruptcy and managed by an inexperienced, er, maverick like Sitton (and Chris Turner, who sort of lurked in the background when the cameras were about).

Comment

E10, we had a PM about it some years ago. We met in the Alfred Hitchcock, when GF was - I think - trying to get the Orientear on board.

The premise was as you say. There were a bunch of us running a community arts group at the time, all trying to make interesting projects. I took GF along to the O's, she loved it, and - realising that Orient had very little idea of 'PR', and might be open to a documentary - had the genius idea of tying in the Rwandan Civil War and the O's financial plight. She approached C4 with some shots she'd done on our arts organisation's new video camera, (Stuart Cosgrove ultimately commissioned it) and off she went. Generally, 'access all areas', cos most people thought 'ah, a camera - any publicity...' and had no idea of the calamity to come. Unfortunately for me at the time - don't worry y'all, I'm well over it now - the calamitous outcomes extended to our relationship during the filming, with one upshot being that I've never actually got round to seeing the finished documentary. The rushes were very good though - she certainly knew her onions.

It's strange that it sometimes appears in my life again, via odd routes.
                                  Last edited by johnr; 14-01-2020, 18:56.

Comment

It was my then girlfriend that made the documentary, after I got her into the O's.
                                    Wow!!!

Comment

[quagmire] Awww riii' [/quagmire}

Comment

It's probably just me, but in the panel with Edward, the Queen begins to take on the look of Neil Warnock.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Jason Cummings immortalised by BDG this week

Comment

Yeah, I daresay he's had something lined up for a while, but didn't want to be too, eh, premature

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                              E10, we had a PM about it some years ago. We met in the Alfred Hitchcock, when GF was - I think - trying to get the Orientear on board.

The premise was as you say. There were a bunch of us running a community arts group at the time, all trying to make interesting projects. I took GF along to the O's, she loved it, and - realising that Orient had very little idea of 'PR', and might be open to a documentary - had the genius idea of tying in the Rwandan Civil War and the O's financial plight. She approached C4 with some shots she'd done on our arts organisation's new video camera, (Stuart Cosgrove ultimately commissioned it) and off she went. Generally, 'access all areas', cos most people thought 'ah, a camera - any publicity...' and had no idea of the calamity to come. Unfortunately for me at the time - don't worry y'all, I'm well over it now - the calamitous outcomes extended to our relationship during the filming, with one upshot being that I've never actually got round to seeing the finished documentary. The rushes were very good though - she certainly knew her onions.

It's strange that it sometimes appears in my life again, via odd routes.
                                              Sitton was my instructor when I took my FA Coaching Certificate in 2001. At that point I think he was working as a taxi driver as well as doing the odd stint as a tutor for the London FA and there was more than one reference to the documentary. He was an interesting bloke, combining warmth and some (surprising) softness with a hint of menace. And he was very funny. Sometimes inadvertently. On more than one occasion he stressed to us the importance of 'checking our stream', to make sure that we were hydrated properly.

Comment

He was my instructor when I took the course in 1994 (he failed me...), a few months before the documentary was aired. He demonstrated the most appalling misogyny during the making of the documentary - I mean, really appalling - that I struggled to appreciate his warmth. I also found out a fair bit about his menace.

Comment

Janet! - https://www.theguardian.com/football...anchester-city

Comment

Nice of Squires to reference My Chemical Romance's comeback too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X