This weekend's football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend's football

Yeah, what the others said, basically. If, as the supporter of a non-league club (where there are hundreds of clubs with very little money sitting on millions of pounds of prime real estate), you can't see the dangerous precedent that was set with Milton Keynes (where the sequence of events that ended in the move started because Sam Hammam wanted to cash in on the land that he owned around Plough Lane), you'll deserve everything that comes to you should the same thing ever happen with Bromley.

Comment

This weekend's football

A little spot the difference, folks;

Jonas77 wrote:

I dislike MK Dons as much as the next football fan
      Jonas77 also wrote:
      I might see if I can get a ticket for the MK Dons end on the day at Wembley on Sunday... I now have a soft spot for them..
      You're a lying cock, fuck off.

Comment

This weekend's football

Eggchaser wrote:
        Thread Vietnam approaching.

I was quite enamoured with MK Dons' win. I have no reason for this...
        Other than a desire for attention by seeming "controversial"?

Comment

This weekend's football

This sort of small-minded jealousy is incredibly commonplace in non-league circles, Harry. Though I suspect that this particular incidence is more due to some nonsense between Bromley and Wimbledon from when they were both in the Ryman League.

Comment

This weekend's football

Does anyone know the history between Roy Keane and Spurs? He started the season with the "I have never been afraid of Tottenham" quote on the eve of his debut as a Premiership manager and now crowbars in a pop at them here ;

Andy (Reid)'s different to the others I've got here," reflected Keane who took his squad to Spain last week. "I played alongside him for Ireland and, although I had to carry him in a few games, I knew Andy was good. He can handle the ball.

"He's a laid-back type of lad who enjoys a few drinks and a sing-song and I thought that, mentally, he'd also be fine in front of our big crowds. A lot of players can't perform in front of 40,000 to 50,000 people but Andy can."

A youthful hit at Nottingham Forest, Reid lost his way at Tottenham Hotspur before joining Charlton Athletic. "I'm never sure Tottenham is the best choice for a young player," said Keane, who began his own career at Forest before moving to Manchester United.

Comment

This weekend's football

I was quite enamoured with MK Dons' win. I have no reason for this and now expect to be taken to the cleaners for my heresy.
              Another pot for AFC Wimbledon, as far as I'm concerned, (I don't see why this "trophy transference" lark shouldn't be a two-way street).

Comment

This weekend's football

Harry Carpenter wrote:
                Eggchaser wrote:
                Thread Vietnam approaching.

I was quite enamoured with MK Dons' win. I have no reason for this...
                Other than a desire for attention by seeming "controversial"?
                Not really. I turned on about 30 seconds before they scored their penalty and decided, between two clubs for whom I have absolutely no leanings either way, I fancied MK Dons to win. For no reason other than a whim.

If I wanted to be "controversial" I'd say something radical like "Catholics aren't all total cunts and some of them are quite nice, actually" or "I'm not that bothered by Sting and feel the abuse heaped on him by this board to be unjust" and then watch certain people explode.

Comment

This weekend's football

Keane supported Spurs as a child.

Comment

This weekend's football

Ah, that would explain his embittered hatred of them then.

Comment

This weekend's football

So expect Mad Mart O'Neill to slam Sunderland and gentleman Jim Magilton to criticise Cruasders' poor income tax returns and UVF support base.

Comment

This weekend's football

Keane's right though. Spurs is a terrible place for a young player hoping to improve his game to go. They buy 15 young players a year, and then let them go at the end of the season with the mark of Cain/spurs stamp of approval on them.

Comment

This weekend's football

As an occasional Bromley follower for over 30 years (and still hasn't quite recovered from our narrow defeat by Swindon Town in 1976 in the Cup), I'd like to wish AFCW all the best in the play-offs.

NO-ONE deserves to see their club relegated by six divisions or so, just because some rich twonk thinks a game of football isn't complete without a nice little bit of shopping in IKEA.

Comment

This weekend's football

We don't need to worry about the Eggman, nor do we need to give him his desired thread Vietnam.

Comment

This weekend's football

What E10 said about 1 day 23 hours ago, and what he also said twenty hours after that.

I may have seen my football team play away from home for the last time.

Comment

This weekend's football

Post numbers would be easier to follow.

Comment

This weekend's football

Ah, I hadn't spotted them...

Comment

This weekend's football

Harry Carpenter wrote:
                                    A little spot the difference, folks;

Jonas77 wrote:

I dislike MK Dons as much as the next football fan
                                    Jonas77 also wrote:
                                    I might see if I can get a ticket for the MK Dons end on the day at Wembley on Sunday... I now have a soft spot for them..
                                    You're a lying cock, fuck off.
                                    Like I say, a cunt and a troll.

Comment

This weekend's football

Harry Carpenter wrote:
                                      Does anyone know the history between Roy Keane and Spurs? He started the season with the "I have never been afraid of Tottenham" quote on the eve of his debut as a Premiership manager and now crowbars in a pop at them here ;

Andy (Reid)'s different to the others I've got here," reflected Keane who took his squad to Spain last week. "I played alongside him for Ireland and, although I had to carry him in a few games, I knew Andy was good. He can handle the ball.

"He's a laid-back type of lad who enjoys a few drinks and a sing-song and I thought that, mentally, he'd also be fine in front of our big crowds. A lot of players can't perform in front of 40,000 to 50,000 people but Andy can."

A youthful hit at Nottingham Forest, Reid lost his way at Tottenham Hotspur before joining Charlton Athletic. "I'm never sure Tottenham is the best choice for a young player," said Keane, who began his own career at Forest before moving to Manchester United.
                                      Spurs are a young players graveyard aren't they? The closest they've had to a young player fulfulling their potential over the years is Darren Anderton. They're either appalling at spotting potential (exhibit A - Tom Huddlestone) or the coaches are ruining them.

Comment

This weekend's football

Sol Campbell and Nick Barmby are the only successes of the Spurs youth development system over the last 20 years. Others like Darren Caskey looked promising for about a year before fading away. And thats about the only time Caskey could be described as having faded away. O Hara might break the mould.

I would imagine it's this record that Keane is reflecting upon. To the best of my knowledge, there was rarely bad blood between Keane, or even United, and Spurs during his years at Old Trafford.

Comment

This weekend's football

GO - any news of any last minute intervention for the Millers?

These are desperate times, mate, this must be very tough for you.

Comment

This weekend's football

Ledley King
                                            Ian Walker
                                            Steven Carr
                                            Stephen Clemence
                                            Peter Crouch
                                            Stephen Kelly (the only outfield player to have played in every minute of every game this season)
                                            Luke Young

Comment

This weekend's football

I stand corrected.

Christ, how did I not think of Ledley King?

Recently Dean Marney and Mark Yeates have done well, albeit at a lower level.

Comment

This weekend's football

If we're talking outside the premiership...

Lee Barnard
                                                ALton Thelwell

Comment

Working...
                                                X