No announcement yet.

Born to a fisherman in Aberdeen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good that he is able to think and talk lucidly about this. Good in that he's able to speak openly, tell those around him how he would like to be treated as things develop and that he seems to have accepted it. I have known a couple of people who refused to accept they had anything wrong until they were quite a long way down the road, by which time those around them have already had a tough time and then have to make decisions on their own which might have been easier and less heartbreaking if the person with dementia had discussed it with them whilst they were still able to.

Comment

Just too early for me, I was 9 when the Doc dumped him, but both my brothers, and more importantly, my non Manchester United supporting stepdad all loved him.

Comment

This is really sad news, but having recently seen the law documentary they put out before Christmas, it's not a huge surprise I'm afraid. There were a great many signs which would worry anyone with experience of looking after an elderly relative.

Comment

Sad news, but a beautiful quote,-

I'm also relieved this thread doesn't have anything to do with Michael Gove

Comment

He was a good summarizer on Radio 2 after he retired from playing.

Comment

Awful news. Always liked him as a wee boy, too young to see him play but he had a "nice face", unlike most of the legends of Scottish fitba, who looked like real grumpy bastards to 4 year old me.
              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 19-08-2021, 16:53.

Comment

Working...
              X