OTF clubs you dislike more because of OTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Madrid, I think. No-one else has a dutiful ire, which wasn't patently obvious.

Comment

This place is an oasis of (relative) sanity in terms of football discussion on the web and, unless you were sat in a darkened room and only took your football debate from here, it's near impossible to see how it could influence your thinking on a club. For example, those Liverpool threads were just beserk, but they were mild in comparison with the insanity-fest that is RAWK.

International football, however, is sadly a different matter and the shit that is thrown about on here regularly about England and the English has diminished more or less any of the goodwill towards the nations that a good number of people on here support. But that isn't a debate that I want to get into, except to say that I think it's a shame that, for my own sanity, I will probably be steering well clear of here during European Championships and World Cup finals in the future, should England qualify.

Comment

My Name Is Ian wrote:

International football, however, is sadly a different matter and the shit that is thrown about on here regularly about England and the English has diminished more or less any of the goodwill towards the nations that a good number of people on here support. But that isn't a debate that I want to get into, except to say that I think it's a shame that, for my own sanity, I will probably be steering well clear of here during European Championships and World Cup finals in the future, should England qualify.
        Absolutely spot on.

Comment

I'm sorry you feel that way Ian, but I certainly don't think that was true during the last World Cup except from a tiny minority of posters.

Put it this way, I don't think it even matched the negative opinions expressed in WSC.

Comment

And I also think the shit that is thrown on here about England is often thrown by English people anyway.

Comment

Yeah, I'm always asking for examples of where anyone (with the exception of maybe one regular) really crosses the line about England (and especially about "the English" which Ian's post to refers to rather too sinisterly) and don't get them.

I can understand if the sheer volume of ABE sentiment get's wearing (especially during tournaments) as opposed to the nature of it but, as this thread has shown, the Liverpool, Man U and even Spurs supporters on here put up with similar all year, every year.

Comment

Sorry, what?

What?

'Put up with'? 'Deserved' is more like.

Harry, sorry, can you define what you mean, a little more succinctly?

*oh, and 'sinister'? don't be silly.

Comment

Newcastle to an extent but that might just be the work of one (ex-)poster, and again they're pretty loathsome in the first place.
                  I think Wyatt Earp is still posting here, but under a different name.

Actually, I am so bad at remembering who supports which club that I get quite irritated when somebody writes in a way that presumes that everybody knows whom they support.

Anyway, of all the objectionable ex-poster this biard has seen, I can't think of any who supported Nerwcastle.

Comment

ok, and nice deflection of xenophobia.

(Wyatt = Why on Earth, as if you didnt know)

Comment

G.Man wrote:
                      of all the objectionable ex-poster this biard has seen, I can't think of any who supported Nerwcastle.
                      I think his first incarnation was ianc, around the start of the season Newcastle spent in the Championship.

He started off with a hate campaign against the Guardian and then moved on to anyone who doubted Newcastle's financial stability and finally anyone who he perceived to have 'an education', going down all guns blazing as he lashed out indiscriminately at the "OTF clique". Think there may have been some unpleasant PMs floating about too.

A ridiculous person.

Comment

Unpleasant and threatening PMs, stalking members off board, accusing us all of being middle class, like a crazed version of Rugby Gooner.

Comment

Yeah that's the one, I hadn't started posting on here when he was around but I remember his ramblings quite vividly.

I was particularly intrigued by his idea that the Guardian conspiracy to destroy Newcastle wasn't limited to the football club but extended to the whole city and every one of its inhabitants. Real bizarre, paranoid shit.

Comment

Wasn't ianc also the creator of the "brains trust" meme?

Comment

I liked him. I realise he was hatstand crazy, and quite sinister and threatening, but he amused the shit out of me. I might go back and read those threads.

Comment

Let us speak of him no more, I fear he watches us still.

Comment

Nah, just YOU.

Comment

Man. Unit. , the fighting Berbaslug. Need I say more?

In his favour he amuses me with his earnest Irish thing an that.

Comment

In his favour he amuses me with his earnest Irish thing an that.
                                      Really? Why's that?

Comment

Probably the Blarney Stone accent and dancing leprechaun demeanour.

Comment

G.Man wrote:
                                          Probably the Blarney Stone accent and dancing leprechaun demeanour.
                                          Aye, that'd be it - that and his stated dislike for else Celtic that isn't him (small c).

I know Scotland's a bit shite, it's the humility that counts.

Comment

I'd like to say I had been unaffected by discussions here. but.

Generally in life I find Celtic supporters more humane, open-minded, analytical and humourous than Rangers supporters.

It seems to be the opposite here, with a rich seam of Celtic supporters who genuinely think their club is oppressed by the rest of Scottish football. Whilst the Rangers fans seem to be a lot more open-minded (although dalliance still has some weak points shall we say)

I find most real life discussions with blinkered old firm fans tiresome. As the Celtic fans here are much more likely to indulge in conspiracy theories and general woe-is-us-ness I find it really puts me off Celtic.

Comment

RobM wrote:
                                              And the cheap liquor too, by the sound of it.

Comment

hold on, I love the other members of the celtic fringe. i just think that they should be ashamed of their deep love of being subjects of the queen, and their desire to be ruled by david cameron.

And I'd just like nordies to realise that they're no different from the scots, and to leave us alone, and to take back mary mcaleese and that cunt gerry adams.

Comment

Analogue Bubblebath II wrote:
                                                  RobM wrote:
                                                  And the cheap liquor too, by the sound of it.
                                                  One more then I'm gonnae leave it. Nowt to do with the football team but Berbaslug (Celtic/Keltic are two different things) does grate slightly with his take on Scotland as a subservient arm of the British empire.

I dislike Man U. a wee bit more because of his pish. Nothing more.

Cheap liquor?

Comment

Banana Banana wrote:
                                                    It seems to be the opposite here, with a rich seam of Celtic supporters who genuinely think their club is oppressed by the rest of Scottish football
                                                    You exaggerate (yes, they're obsessed but there aren't that many of them).

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
                                                    And I'd just like nordies to realise that they're no different from the scots, and to leave us alone, and to take back mary mcaleese and that cunt gerry adams
                                                    Ha ha. Bad Culchie. If you goms couldn't find a single non-foreigner to challenge Mary McAleesenthal for the Bus Aras gig, it's hardly our fault. I think you're stuck with beardy gunman: according to Danny Morrison, the Shinners are bringing in Gorgeous Galloway to replace him in West Belfast.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X