OTF clubs you dislike more because of OTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to be done. Go on, let's tear each other to shreds. Or I suppose it can be clubs you hate more because of exposure on or issues raised here.

I fully expect Cardiff City to be strongly in the running, if only because I've opened Pandora's Box.

I've always considered "hate" to be a bit over the top in this context (unless we are talking about Juve or Real Madrid), but let's just say that I view Manchester United a bit differently than I did when I first showed up here.

Comment

Yeah, edited it now to be less combative on all fronts (the limits on thread titles forced me to use hate rather than dislike before).

I used to have a lot more affection for Liverpool that has been diminished, not because of their supporters on here, but because of things discussions on here have opened my eyes to.

Comment

Liverpool. I mean, it's not like I needed any help disliking them but fucking hell the lunacy going on in the Liverpool threads is off the scale.

Newcastle to an extent but that might just be the work of one (ex-)poster, and again they're pretty loathsome in the first place.

Spurs, although I'd struggle to explain why.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:
          I've always considered "hate" to be a bit over the top in this context (unless we are talking about Juve or Real Madrid), but let's just say that I view Manchester United a bit differently than I did when I first showed up here.
          Based on?

Comment

A variety of things, including the fact that they are no longer no. 1 in your heart.

Comment

Ah, I see. Because if it was due to Berbaslug's rhetoric, I'd have raised an eyebrow.

Comment

You need to be careful about that.

Your face could freeze.

Comment

BTW, are we going to see you in my neck of the woods now that Eric has taken Times Square?

Comment

It's got to be Liverpool. I have a Liverpool-supporting Dad, son and an ex-Liverpool-supporting brother and I used to support them in all those European Cup finals but this place has got rid of all that good feeling.

Not because of the Liverpool supporters on here, I hasten to add, but because you just find out so much more about it all

I really dislike Man Utd much more than I used to but I think that pre-dated this place and pretty much every club has stayed the same

Comment

I had my say on Eric on the latest update of my blog: http://itllbeoff.wordpress.com

Needless to say I won't be following his latest venture with anything other than unamused detachment.

Comment

The sheer audacity of it is appealing in some strange way.

Comment

I utterly dislike the BRCs now and I used to go and watch one of them in my easily misguided days. Like the others have said this is probably a coincidence as I don't think any of the OTFers are pub loudmouths from north Wales. Having said that the never-ending BRC threads won't soften my view.

I've realised that a dislike of Halifax is not as irrational as I once thought either.

Comment

Completely rational, Kowalski. Biggest bunch of dicks in non-league. Worse even than Alty.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                              Completely rational, Kowalski. Biggest bunch of dicks in non-league. Worse even than Alty.
                              And Rhyl

Comment

All of the big clubs in England, Spain, Scotland, and Italy, really. Just don't like whole lopsided system and the poseur fans. Although El Liq and Wingco give me a better impression of Chelsea and Arsenal than I would have otherwise. Yeah, and that Liverpool thing was eye-opening, but I feel sorry for them, I think. It must be hell to live in a world of constantly shifting hallucinations, half-remembered dreams, and nightmares.

I still kind of like Newcastle, because of their shirts and because I saw DC United pound them a few years back.

Comment

Guess it is pretty much the same for me, Liverpool probably top the list. United and Chelsea have always been disliked or loathed by me.

To be fair apart from a few posts, not posters, the standard of debate is much more than the usual your shit arguments.

My loathing of Barcelona yet admiration of the football has been honed by the board though.

Comment

Manchester United and Liverpool, because even on a more discerning board the majority of their fans are still blind idiots.

Oh, and Bradford Park Avenue, thanks to EIM's delicious hatred of them.

Comment

I've had a few 'big club' stereotypes reinforced, but I can't honestly say that what goes on here has made me dislike any club more than I did already.

Comment

What Indysleaze said, aside from the Bradford PA aspect.

Comment

Can't say anybody is that bad on here that it would cause me to actively dislike another club, bit of a weird idea really...

Comment

Liverpool for me too, even though I'm probably their most rabid, one-eyed, non-scouse supporter on OTF. The way the club's misfortunes and dirty secrets get laughed about on here can't help but begin to diminish them in your eyes. It's like slowly accepting that your big sister, who you always looked up to as a local schoolteacher and pillar of the church, is in fact shagging most of the blokes in your local pub in order to pay her rent.

Comment

Liverpool for me too. They're fast-becoming the Katie Price of the Premier League.

Comment

I hate you all more. You slags.

Comment

Fussbudget wrote:
                                                  Newcastle to an extent but that might just be the work of one (ex-)poster, and again they're pretty loathsome in the first place.
                                                  I didn't think you were around when he was, but yeah, he's the reason why I laugh at any Newcastle misfortune.

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                                                  Liverpool for me too, even though I'm probably their most rabid, one-eyed, non-scouse supporter on OTF. The way the club's misfortunes and dirty secrets get laughed about on here can't help but begin to diminish them in your eyes. It's like slowly accepting that your big sister, who you always looked up to as a local schoolteacher and pillar of the church, is in fact shagging most of the blokes in your local pub in order to pay her rent.
                                                  Failure was never part of the deal when you sign up to a BRC, is it?

Oh, and add me to the Bradford Park Avenue haters too. I'd always dislike them (trading off the name of a long defunct club like Accrington Stanley), but they didn't even get the name of the club right. Twats. But EIM's tales of General Fatbob put me completely off them. Just say no, kids.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X