X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    OTF clubs you dislike more because of OTF

I've had a few 'big club' stereotypes reinforced, but I can't honestly say that what goes on here has made me dislike any club more than I did already.

Leave a comment:

• Errorist Sympathiser
    replied

Manchester United and Liverpool, because even on a more discerning board the majority of their fans are still blind idiots.

Oh, and Bradford Park Avenue, thanks to EIM's delicious hatred of them.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied

Guess it is pretty much the same for me, Liverpool probably top the list. United and Chelsea have always been disliked or loathed by me.

To be fair apart from a few posts, not posters, the standard of debate is much more than the usual your shit arguments.

My loathing of Barcelona yet admiration of the football has been honed by the board though.

Leave a comment:

• Reed John
    replied

All of the big clubs in England, Spain, Scotland, and Italy, really. Just don't like whole lopsided system and the poseur fans. Although El Liq and Wingco give me a better impression of Chelsea and Arsenal than I would have otherwise. Yeah, and that Liverpool thing was eye-opening, but I feel sorry for them, I think. It must be hell to live in a world of constantly shifting hallucinations, half-remembered dreams, and nightmares.

I still kind of like Newcastle, because of their shirts and because I saw DC United pound them a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• Kowalski
    replied

EIM wrote:
    Completely rational, Kowalski. Biggest bunch of dicks in non-league. Worse even than Alty.
    And Rhyl

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Completely rational, Kowalski. Biggest bunch of dicks in non-league. Worse even than Alty.

Leave a comment:

• Kowalski
    replied

I utterly dislike the BRCs now and I used to go and watch one of them in my easily misguided days. Like the others have said this is probably a coincidence as I don't think any of the OTFers are pub loudmouths from north Wales. Having said that the never-ending BRC threads won't soften my view.

I've realised that a dislike of Halifax is not as irrational as I once thought either.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

The sheer audacity of it is appealing in some strange way.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

I had my say on Eric on the latest update of my blog: http://itllbeoff.wordpress.com

Needless to say I won't be following his latest venture with anything other than unamused detachment.

Leave a comment:

• Bored Of Education
    replied

It's got to be Liverpool. I have a Liverpool-supporting Dad, son and an ex-Liverpool-supporting brother and I used to support them in all those European Cup finals but this place has got rid of all that good feeling.

Not because of the Liverpool supporters on here, I hasten to add, but because you just find out so much more about it all

I really dislike Man Utd much more than I used to but I think that pre-dated this place and pretty much every club has stayed the same

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

BTW, are we going to see you in my neck of the woods now that Eric has taken Times Square?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

You need to be careful about that.

Your face could freeze.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

Ah, I see. Because if it was due to Berbaslug's rhetoric, I'd have raised an eyebrow.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

A variety of things, including the fact that they are no longer no. 1 in your heart.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

ursus arctos wrote:
    I've always considered "hate" to be a bit over the top in this context (unless we are talking about Juve or Real Madrid), but let's just say that I view Manchester United a bit differently than I did when I first showed up here.
    Based on?

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied

Liverpool. I mean, it's not like I needed any help disliking them but fucking hell the lunacy going on in the Liverpool threads is off the scale.

Newcastle to an extent but that might just be the work of one (ex-)poster, and again they're pretty loathsome in the first place.

Spurs, although I'd struggle to explain why.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied

Yeah, edited it now to be less combative on all fronts (the limits on thread titles forced me to use hate rather than dislike before).

I used to have a lot more affection for Liverpool that has been diminished, not because of their supporters on here, but because of things discussions on here have opened my eyes to.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

I've always considered "hate" to be a bit over the top in this context (unless we are talking about Juve or Real Madrid), but let's just say that I view Manchester United a bit differently than I did when I first showed up here.

Leave a comment:

• OTF clubs you dislike more because of OTF

Had to be done. Go on, let's tear each other to shreds. Or I suppose it can be clubs you hate more because of exposure on or issues raised here.

I fully expect Cardiff City to be strongly in the running, if only because I've opened Pandora's Box.
Working...
X