X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Man
    replied
    OTF clubs you dislike more because of OTF

Probably the Blarney Stone accent and dancing leprechaun demeanour.

Leave a comment:

• Borracho
    replied

In his favour he amuses me with his earnest Irish thing an that.
    Really? Why's that?

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

Man. Unit. , the fighting Berbaslug. Need I say more?

In his favour he amuses me with his earnest Irish thing an that.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Nah, just YOU.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied

Let us speak of him no more, I fear he watches us still.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied

I liked him. I realise he was hatstand crazy, and quite sinister and threatening, but he amused the shit out of me. I might go back and read those threads.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Wasn't ianc also the creator of the "brains trust" meme?

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied

Yeah that's the one, I hadn't started posting on here when he was around but I remember his ramblings quite vividly.

I was particularly intrigued by his idea that the Guardian conspiracy to destroy Newcastle wasn't limited to the football club but extended to the whole city and every one of its inhabitants. Real bizarre, paranoid shit.

Leave a comment:

• David Agnew
    replied

Unpleasant and threatening PMs, stalking members off board, accusing us all of being middle class, like a crazed version of Rugby Gooner.

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Beryl
    replied

G.Man wrote:
    of all the objectionable ex-poster this biard has seen, I can't think of any who supported Nerwcastle.
    I think his first incarnation was ianc, around the start of the season Newcastle spent in the Championship.

He started off with a hate campaign against the Guardian and then moved on to anyone who doubted Newcastle's financial stability and finally anyone who he perceived to have 'an education', going down all guns blazing as he lashed out indiscriminately at the "OTF clique". Think there may have been some unpleasant PMs floating about too.

A ridiculous person.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

ok, and nice deflection of xenophobia.

(Wyatt = Why on Earth, as if you didnt know)

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied

Newcastle to an extent but that might just be the work of one (ex-)poster, and again they're pretty loathsome in the first place.
    I think Wyatt Earp is still posting here, but under a different name.

Actually, I am so bad at remembering who supports which club that I get quite irritated when somebody writes in a way that presumes that everybody knows whom they support.

Anyway, of all the objectionable ex-poster this biard has seen, I can't think of any who supported Nerwcastle.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Sorry, what?

What?

'Put up with'? 'Deserved' is more like.

Harry, sorry, can you define what you mean, a little more succinctly?

*oh, and 'sinister'? don't be silly.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied

Yeah, I'm always asking for examples of where anyone (with the exception of maybe one regular) really crosses the line about England (and especially about "the English" which Ian's post to refers to rather too sinisterly) and don't get them.

I can understand if the sheer volume of ABE sentiment get's wearing (especially during tournaments) as opposed to the nature of it but, as this thread has shown, the Liverpool, Man U and even Spurs supporters on here put up with similar all year, every year.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

And I also think the shit that is thrown on here about England is often thrown by English people anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Beast
    replied

I'm sorry you feel that way Ian, but I certainly don't think that was true during the last World Cup except from a tiny minority of posters.

Put it this way, I don't think it even matched the negative opinions expressed in WSC.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied

My Name Is Ian wrote:

International football, however, is sadly a different matter and the shit that is thrown about on here regularly about England and the English has diminished more or less any of the goodwill towards the nations that a good number of people on here support. But that isn't a debate that I want to get into, except to say that I think it's a shame that, for my own sanity, I will probably be steering well clear of here during European Championships and World Cup finals in the future, should England qualify.
    Absolutely spot on.

Leave a comment:

• My Name Is Ian
    replied

This place is an oasis of (relative) sanity in terms of football discussion on the web and, unless you were sat in a darkened room and only took your football debate from here, it's near impossible to see how it could influence your thinking on a club. For example, those Liverpool threads were just beserk, but they were mild in comparison with the insanity-fest that is RAWK.

International football, however, is sadly a different matter and the shit that is thrown about on here regularly about England and the English has diminished more or less any of the goodwill towards the nations that a good number of people on here support. But that isn't a debate that I want to get into, except to say that I think it's a shame that, for my own sanity, I will probably be steering well clear of here during European Championships and World Cup finals in the future, should England qualify.

Leave a comment:

• Gerontophile
    replied

Real Madrid, I think. No-one else has a dutiful ire, which wasn't patently obvious.

Leave a comment:

• David Agnew
    replied

Fussbudget wrote:
    Newcastle to an extent but that might just be the work of one (ex-)poster, and again they're pretty loathsome in the first place.
    I didn't think you were around when he was, but yeah, he's the reason why I laugh at any Newcastle misfortune.

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
    Liverpool for me too, even though I'm probably their most rabid, one-eyed, non-scouse supporter on OTF. The way the club's misfortunes and dirty secrets get laughed about on here can't help but begin to diminish them in your eyes. It's like slowly accepting that your big sister, who you always looked up to as a local schoolteacher and pillar of the church, is in fact shagging most of the blokes in your local pub in order to pay her rent.
    Failure was never part of the deal when you sign up to a BRC, is it?

Oh, and add me to the Bradford Park Avenue haters too. I'd always dislike them (trading off the name of a long defunct club like Accrington Stanley), but they didn't even get the name of the club right. Twats. But EIM's tales of General Fatbob put me completely off them. Just say no, kids.

Leave a comment:

• Er Liquidatore
    replied

I hate you all more. You slags.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied

Liverpool for me too. They're fast-becoming the Katie Price of the Premier League.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied

Liverpool for me too, even though I'm probably their most rabid, one-eyed, non-scouse supporter on OTF. The way the club's misfortunes and dirty secrets get laughed about on here can't help but begin to diminish them in your eyes. It's like slowly accepting that your big sister, who you always looked up to as a local schoolteacher and pillar of the church, is in fact shagging most of the blokes in your local pub in order to pay her rent.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied

Can't say anybody is that bad on here that it would cause me to actively dislike another club, bit of a weird idea really...

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Beryl
    replied

What Indysleaze said, aside from the Bradford PA aspect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X