X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    OTF clubs you dislike more because of OTF

I too dislike Manchester United more than I used to.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied

well there's so much of it to rub given that inbreeding has made his face slip to the bottom of his balloon head.

Without independence you are forever doomed to warm his toilet seat in the morning before letting him wipe his arse with a cloth knitted from strands of silver hair hair torn from your grandmothers head.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

Kowalski wrote:
    Melbourne Arab wrote:
    The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
    hold on, I love the other members of the celtic fringe. i just think that they should be ashamed of their deep love of being subjects of the queen, and their desire to be ruled by david cameron.
    Once again, Berbaslug nails it. Despite his consistently brilliant observations on these matters, though, I still hate Manchester United.
    He's quite right though, you can't move in my street for people prostrating themselves before a giant portrait of the Queen.

There are also Welsh Assembly plans for a portable David Camneron idol. It's got its own truck so us Welsh can rub his saintly forehead for a year full of good luck.
    With the cuts and Scotland's own tax raising powers we only get nine months. Still, mustn't grumble.

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied

RobM wrote:
    MacLeod?
    Morgan actually, but you're not him unless you're really a plastic West Ham fan masquerading as a Scot.

"Riveting story, can we please hear more of this fascinating stuff" - No one

Leave a comment:

• Kowalski
    replied

Melbourne Arab wrote:
    hold on, I love the other members of the celtic fringe. i just think that they should be ashamed of their deep love of being subjects of the queen, and their desire to be ruled by david cameron.
    Once again, Berbaslug nails it. Despite his consistently brilliant observations on these matters, though, I still hate Manchester United.
    He's quite right though, you can't move in my street for people prostrating themselves before a giant portrait of the Queen.

There are also Welsh Assembly plans for a portable David Cameron idol. It's got its own truck so us Welsh can rub his saintly forehead for a year full of good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

replied

and Rob, you can love your fellow man, and just wish that they weren't so addicted to living on their knees and being ruled by inbred english toffs.

Haw haw haw haw, you wouldn't believe how much I hate Man United right now.

but what does my superior understanding of geopolitical niceties, and the stockholm syndrome of the nordies/scots and the welsh, have to do with manchester united?

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

Fussbudget wrote:
    RobM wrote:
    my name's Morgan so that's kind of Celtic
    Fun fact : I know somebody called Rob M and he is the most tedious, tiresome bore I've ever had the misfortune to meet; a minute of hearing him talk would either put you to sleep or make you want to kill yourself. I have to make massive efforts not to read your posts in his voice because, well, that wouldn't really be fair on you.

The funny thing is, guess what his last name is?
    MacLeod?

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

A Doctor Speaks wrote:
    RobM wrote:
    Not sure where the soft C football team name came from? I'm several generations of Scot on both sides of my family and my name's Morgan so that's kind of Celtic but I'm really not sure where the Sellick thing comes from.
    Mispronunciation inadvertently of the 'k' version, by those on the West Coast of Scotland, in this instance I believe.
    Partly also to differentiate from the wider cultural genre.

And Morgan surely is of Welsh origin?
    My dad always maintained that we were from the North West of Scotland originally, Morgan being tied into the Clan MacKay.

Either way it's a Celtic name in that the Welsh are Celts as well.

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied

RobM wrote:
    my name's Morgan so that's kind of Celtic
    Fun fact : I know somebody called Rob M and he is the most tedious, tiresome bore I've ever had the misfortune to meet; a minute of hearing him talk would either put you to sleep or make you want to kill yourself. I have to make massive efforts not to read your posts in his voice because, well, that wouldn't really be fair on you.

The funny thing is, guess what his last name is?

Leave a comment:

• A Doctor Speaks
    replied

RobM wrote:
    Not sure where the soft C football team name came from? I'm several generations of Scot on both sides of my family and my name's Morgan so that's kind of Celtic but I'm really not sure where the Sellick thing comes from.
    Mispronunciation inadvertently of the 'k' version, by those on the West Coast of Scotland, in this instance I believe.
    Partly also to differentiate from the wider cultural genre.

And Morgan surely is of Welsh origin?

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

we used to talk about the selts once upon a time, but the germans took over the historical anthropology in a serious way, or whatever and all people studying the celts used a hard C.

and Rob, you can love your fellow man, and just wish that they weren't so addicted to living on their knees and being ruled by inbred english toffs.
    Haw haw haw haw, you wouldn't believe how much I hate Man United right now.

If I wasn't fucked out of my tree on Thunderbird.

Leave a comment:

replied

we used to talk about the selts once upon a time, but the germans took over the historical anthropology in a serious way, or whatever and all people studying the celts used a hard C.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

garcia wrote:
    like harry i would be interested to see some examples of real anti-english venom, as opposed to typical mockery of a disliked team. i suspect most of the real abuse of england players comes from england fans. i seem to recall wayne rooney shouting something into the camera as he left the scene of one particularly wretched england performance, was it the jibes from the OTF AEB that got to him?
    I like Sunderland, everybody else in England can fuck right off.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

Banana Banana wrote:
    One of the funnier aspects of Glasgow life is the way that people go out of their way to say Keltic when not talking about football. They'd rather mispronounce than be thought of as some sort of football ruffian.
    But it it Keltic is it not?

More amusing is every west coast journalists scrambling to support St Mirren, Airdire, Queens Park etc.

I do however know where to buy cheap liquor (although it's not really that cheap round these parts).

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied

like harry i would be interested to see some examples of real anti-english venom, as opposed to typical mockery of a disliked team. i suspect most of the real abuse of england players comes from england fans. i seem to recall wayne rooney shouting something into the camera as he left the scene of one particularly wretched england performance, was it the jibes from the OTF AEB that got to him?

Leave a comment:

• Banana Banana
    replied

One of the funnier aspects of Glasgow life is the way that people go out of their way to say Keltic when not talking about football. They'd rather mispronounce than be thought of as some sort of football ruffian.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

RobM wrote:
    G.Man wrote:
    Probably the Blarney Stone accent and dancing leprechaun demeanour.
    Aye, that'd be it - that and his stated dislike for else Celtic that isn't him (small c).

I know Scotland's a bit shite, it's the humility that counts.
    Bugger, else should read everything - I blame the cheap liquor.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

And I'd just like nordies to realise that they're no different from the scots, and to leave us alone, and to take back mary mcaleese and that cunt gerry adams.
    See.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied

Banana Banana wrote:
    It seems to be the opposite here, with a rich seam of Celtic supporters who genuinely think their club is oppressed by the rest of Scottish football
    You exaggerate (yes, they're obsessed but there aren't that many of them).

And I'd just like nordies to realise that they're no different from the scots, and to leave us alone, and to take back mary mcaleese and that cunt gerry adams
    Ha ha. Bad Culchie. If you goms couldn't find a single non-foreigner to challenge Mary McAleesenthal for the Bus Aras gig, it's hardly our fault. I think you're stuck with beardy gunman: according to Danny Morrison, the Shinners are bringing in Gorgeous Galloway to replace him in West Belfast.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

Analogue Bubblebath II wrote:
    RobM wrote:
    And the cheap liquor too, by the sound of it.
    One more then I'm gonnae leave it. Nowt to do with the football team but Berbaslug (Celtic/Keltic are two different things) does grate slightly with his take on Scotland as a subservient arm of the British empire.

I dislike Man U. a wee bit more because of his pish. Nothing more.

Cheap liquor?

Leave a comment:

replied

And I'd just like nordies to realise that they're no different from the scots, and to leave us alone, and to take back mary mcaleese and that cunt gerry adams.

Leave a comment:

• Borracho
    replied

RobM wrote:
    And the cheap liquor too, by the sound of it.

Leave a comment:

• Banana Banana
    replied

I'd like to say I had been unaffected by discussions here. but.

Generally in life I find Celtic supporters more humane, open-minded, analytical and humourous than Rangers supporters.

It seems to be the opposite here, with a rich seam of Celtic supporters who genuinely think their club is oppressed by the rest of Scottish football. Whilst the Rangers fans seem to be a lot more open-minded (although dalliance still has some weak points shall we say)

I find most real life discussions with blinkered old firm fans tiresome. As the Celtic fans here are much more likely to indulge in conspiracy theories and general woe-is-us-ness I find it really puts me off Celtic.

Leave a comment:

• RobM
    replied

G.Man wrote:
    Probably the Blarney Stone accent and dancing leprechaun demeanour.
    Aye, that'd be it - that and his stated dislike for else Celtic that isn't him (small c).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X