Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Saturday And Sweet Jeff Stelling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason the match advertised in the Harry O between Wembley and Croydon didn't appear to take place. Well, I got there at three o'clock and there was even less happening than usual. I've no idea why it was called off. I'm beginning to hate Saturdays...

And another one. Thanks to the thunderstorm on Friday and my lack of internet on Saturday, I turned up at the Vale to watch Wealdstone, only to find nothing. And, to compound matters, Rotherham lost and the play that my wife and I went down to town to watch was sold out before we got there...

Comment

The lengths to which some people will go for a practical joke, eh?

Comment

And a third one already this year. Still this one was self-inflicted. If feeling too poorly to get the 182 down to Sudbury to watch Wembley v Guildford City is self-inflicted. This meant that I couldn't go to the pub and watch Mr. Stelling, and had to stay at home watching the Beeb's piss-poor Final Score. Where they even managed to miss displaying our third goal.

Comment

Number four. We found out that the match was off just as the train was going through the tunnel just south off Sheffield. Apparently it's still winter up north...

Comment

This week I know in advance what I'm not going to be watching. They really need some better drainage at The Vale.

Comment

It took a while to find a pub in Harrow showing what was Not-Jeff-Stelling. But I did. And I was, eventually, happy...

Comment

At least, after the debacle at Rayners Lane, I ended up in a pub watching Jeff Stelling with the sound turned up. I'm not sure that I should've bothered...

Comment

Is there anywhere in Rotherham that actually shows Stelling, or am I going to have to watch the Beeb's version at the old Green place? I can't wait to find out...

Comment

The bowls is on, on BBC2...

Comment

Third away match this season for Musselburgh called off half an hour before kick off after everybody had travelled.

Comment

There was one regular who wasn't on Soccer Saturday today.

Comment

Jeff again for me. Even Harrow Borough's game was off.

Comment

And again. This is getting tedious. Hopefully next week's trip to Burton's still going to happen.

Comment

By the way, anyone know what happened to the Beeb's Live Videoprinter web page?

Comment

Looks like it's not part of their redesign. The link still works though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/live_videprinter/default.stm

Comment

Merci.

Comment

First time this season. 'Cos there was only Harrow Borough at home, and I couldn't face that...

Comment

Last Saturday I finally had to do my Christmas shopping, so I went down to town to the London Transport Museum shop. An excellent place for stuff; I'd recommend it to anyone. I even got myself something, see that thread over there.

Anyway, I went back to Harrow via Marylebone so that I could get tons of cheese from the cheese shop in the station. Looking for somewhere to watch Stelling I went into that sports bar on the edge of the station. Very strange place. Full of groups of relatively young males ordering Jaeger masters and other rubbish to get as pissed as possible as fast as possible.

I sat in somewhere in the middle watching the Jeff Stelling show, until I realised that they were showing the cricket on another screen. Now that was fun...

Comment

No game for me today. I wonder if there's a pub not showing the rugger here in Penrith...

Comment

An afternoon in the Robin Hood in Penrith. And we win...

Comment

Ho-hum. And I had to drink cider...

Comment

Has the Jeff Stelling show stopped showing the results of non-league steps 2 and 3?

Comment

To answer my own question, the answer is "yes". Which is a pain.

Comment

Luckily the pub here in, er, "Dublin" is also showing Mr. Stelling's fine programme...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X