Stuttgart II
    Aalen
    Sandhausen
    Unterhaching
    Burghausen
    Bayern II
    Jahn Regensburg
    Stuttgarter Kickers

Rot-Weiss Essen live up to their reputation and make a mess of their very good position.
    They will now be part of the new (regionally divided) fourth tier.

New German Division Three

As an occasional visitor to Unterhaching (sorry G-Man), how's this going to pan out? Is there much difference in quality between the old Regionalliga Sud and Nord?

Comment

... and the new fourth tier Regionalliga:

Group North:

1. FC Magdeburg
      Energie Cottbus II
      SV Babelsberg
      Hamburger SV II
      VfB Lübeck
      VfL Wolfsburg II
      Holstein Kiel
      Altona 93
      SV Wilhelmshaven
      Hannover 96 II
      BV Cloppenburg
      TuS Heeslingen* (or other winner of north qualifier)
      Hertha BSC Berlin II
      Hansa Rostock II
      Türkiyemspor Berlin 1978
      Greifswalder SV 04* / Sachsen Leipzig*
      Hallescher FC
      Chemnitzer FC
      VFC Plauen

Group West
      Rot-Weiss Essen
      Bor. Dortmund II
      Sportfr. Siegen
      Hessen Kassel
      SV Elversberg
      SC Verl
      Preußen Münster
      FC Schalke 04 II
      VfL Bochum II
      Sportfreunde Lotte*
      Borussia M'gladbach II
      Bayer Leverkusen II
      1. FC Köln II
      1. FC Kleve
      Eintracht Trier
      1. FSV Mainz 05 II
      1. FC K'lautern II

Group South:

SSV Reutlingen 05
      1860 München II
      Karlsruher SC II
      SC Pfullendorf
      FSV Ludwigshafen-Oggersheim
      SpVgg Bayreuth
      SpVgg Greuther Fürth II
      1. FC Nürnberg II
      TSV Großbardorf
      SC Freiburg II
      SSV Ulm 1846
      Waldhof Mannheim
      1. FC Heidenheim*
      SV Darmstadt 98
      SV Wehen Wiesbaden II
      Viktoria Aschaffenburg
      Eintracht Frankfurt II
      Wormatia Worms

Some teams might be shifted between groups west and south. I currently expect the Oberliga Südwest teams all in group west (except Ludwigshafen and Worms) and the teams from Hesse all in south (except Kassel). Might be just the other way round in the end. One team must move from north to west (could be Hannover)

Comment

Stumpy Pepys:
        Yes and no. The old southern group was nearly completely filled with Bundesliga reserve teams and squads from strange villages with a lot of money behind. This group has extremely low crowds. North on the other hand was full of former giants with sometimes remarkable attendance.
        For whatever reasons the teams from the south that got promoted to the 2. Bundesliga have done a better job than their northern competitors

Comment

No Tennis Borussia even the Regionalliga? Did they get relegated? It wouldn't surprise me, they were certainly shit enough when I saw them...

Comment

Well, it's a matter of wording if you say that Tennis Borussia is relegated or if you prefer that they are not promoted.

Comment

I think I may have fallen for Wormatia Worms.

We're playing an anti-racism friendly in Marburg, against a VFB 1906 Marbug e.V select xi, which is basically them with a few players from BSF Richtsberg.

I don't suppose you guys know anything at all about this, do you? I'd like to stick something about it up on my blog (other han the Schalke fan covered in vomit) but my ignorance surrounding it is terrible.

Comment

Jupp04 wrote:
                Well, it's a matter of wording if you say that Tennis Borussia is relegated or if you prefer that they are not promoted.
                Whichever, they deserved it. When I saw them they lost 5-0, at home, against ten men. So I'm not expressing surprise... merely a faint tinge of disappointment.

Comment

Hmmm girlfriend "supports" Tennis Borussia although shes only seen them a few times. Last time being a defeat of Hertha.
                  Her tebe fanatic mates wouldnt go saying theyd be too upset after the inevitable happened. It didnt and they were even more inconsolable. Serves em right imho.

Im a Wattenscheid then Duisberg man myself. How far down the system have we fallen now?

Comment

Wattenscheid is more difficult to answer as you might think. They are currently first in Verbandsliga Westfalen II (5th tier) and will be champions there.
                    So far so good. Next season there will be the new nationwide 3. Liga (3rd tier) and also a new league for Northrhine-Westphalia (5th tier) which contains the midtable teams from Oberliga Westfalen and Oberliga Nordrhein (now 4th tier) and the 4 champions from the Verbandligas. One of those is Wattenscheid.
                    Special effect: the low-table teams in Oberliga will fall from tier 4 to tier 6!

Comment

How far behind this lot are Lok Leipzig? Do all of the East German teams go into the North section?

Comment

Are Borussia Mönchengladbach likely to be fighting a relegation battle next season?

I only ask because they're my glory-hunting German team and I'l probably be taking in one or two games next season due to the in-laws living 15 minutes drive away from Borussia Park.

They seem to have a squad packed with Championship Manager 2001 legends (Wesley Sonck, Sharbel Touma, Patrick Paauwe, Kasper Bøgelund)

Comment

Lok Leipzig is 2nd in Landesliga Sachsen (5th tier this season, 6th next), one match left and two points behind the top.
                          It is officially not defined in which group every team will play but it is very likely that all Ossis will play in North. Maybe Chemnitz or Plauen could be shifted to the South.

Comment

Working...
                          X