• Time
  • Show
Clear All

England's Tour Of North America

By hair-pulling?

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
      I very much doubt it'll be as good as the Trinidad v England game at the last World Cup.
      Blimey Rogin, you're setting your standards pretty high there! It's only a friendly, after all...

Comment

Already worth watching for GSTQ on steel drums and the T&T anthem.

England's flag for the team presentation is about 15ft by 15ft while T&T's looks like it should be on a car aerial. Though the St George's Cross flying above the stadium appears to have "England" written on it in the style of one that comesfree at a JJB store.

MotD displays England's formation first, shocking.

Comment

Panic on the streets of sunderland now I think.

Comment

I just thought I would catch the highlights on MOTD to round off a pleasant weekend and it took me 10 minutes to realise that it was live.

I wondered why Lineker, Hansen and Shearer were trying to pretend the match hadn't happened yet

Comment

Steven Gerrard's having an absolute shocker. One ballooned shot that the commentators were too embarrassed to mention, one misplaced pass straight back to T&T, two needless fouls (one while being outmuscled) and a yellow card.

T&T are defensively awful, but with David James going gung-ho I wouldn't put it past them to pin England back and score.

Comment

whats hapend to the white engish guy who turned out for t&t in the world cup. played for port val

Comment

If you had to guess the one Englishman in the Goal of the Season contenders it might take you a while to get to Luke Young.

Rick, it was Mark Bircham wasn't it? Edit: No, he's the Canadian QPR/Yeovil player. The T&T guy was Chris "Memum" Birchall. Checking on soccerbase he was sold to Coventry after the WC and they loaned him to St Mirren this season.

Comment

THey had a perfectly good English goalscorer in Peter Whittingham that they could have shown as well

It's Marc Bircham, by the way. You'll understand the pedantry

Comment

More surprising is that Middlebrough are responsible for three of the ten. And that' not allowing the 2 against. Does this mean they are the most exciting team in the land?

Comment

Do England have a goalkeeper worthy of the name. Joe Hart's had a shocker so far. I'm very suprised "Englands No. 6" hasn't had a go yet. I always quite liked Mr Green. He's reminds me a lot of Nigel Martin. ie A decentish England Sub.

Robinson has been ropey and lacked confidence for the last year so but has got better more recently. However I still would have played him in that Croatia game. Throwing Carson in the deep-end, in a crucial qualifier, was a mistake we've all had to live with.

ps I did point that out at the time.

Comment

More surprising is that Middlebrough are responsible for three of the ten. And that' not allowing the 2 against. Does this mean they are the most exciting team in the land?
                          If you only go by Middlebrough v Man City game, which is where Rochemback's goal was from. Then Yes

Comment

I went to the game.

I like the seating system they have. Once you have a ticket you can basically pick any seat y'like in the section that you're sitting in.

I was in the uncovered section (the bit of the ground without a roof). I basically had 15,000 seats to choose from (theres no numbers on the seats, see).

Some scamps threw bottles down from the stands when Yorke came on for some bizarre reason.

Comment

So Fartle, I think I'm the only one fascinated with this topic, but what did you do during the World Cup - especially after the Sweden game ?

Comment

jason voorhees wrote:
                                So Fartle, I think I'm the only one fascinated with this topic, but what did you do during the World Cup - especially after the Sweden game ?
                                I had my tea.

Comment

So you're saying you never got on the bandwagon ?

Comment

Not really.

Actually, for those who think that the hyperbole in England is bad for international matches, they should come here. Absolute tedium.

Some were predicting a six nil scoreline in the ground yesterday...for Trinidad...and they were not joking.

It was billed as revenge match. We'll beat them, we'll do this, we'll do that...not much different from you're usual tabloid guff back home whenever England are playing.

All I saw last evening was England turning up, scoring three goals without doing too much and then fucking off to their hotel. I mean, there was some woman behind me who kept grabbing my seat when Crouch came on. When Crouchenstein had a header saved she practically leaned over me from behind, pressing her jugs against my neck (which was nice) shouting with venom "You'll never score in Trinidad! You'll never score in Trinidad!" to the point where I had spit on my shirt (which wasn't mine, regardless of having a nice pair of jugs pressed up behind me). If I wanted to spend afternoon covered in spit (and snot), I'll go to Anfailed. She then grabbed the top of my seat and started rocking back and forth, wide-eyed shouting the same thing over and over again "You'll never score in Trinidad!".

Anyway, twas a fun night out. Lots of top totty on display (theres loads of top birds here, and for a great looking fella like myself, that can only be a good thing) in their tight pum-pum shorts showing arse and jug cleavage.

Trinidad were pants, I was expecting them to at least have more than one shot on target after all their hype. Revenge my arse. A steam iron could press better than that lot.

Joe Harper is another overrated bluenose keeper. He was absolute shit. The new Nicky Weaver.

Comment

Working...
                                    X