Iceland v Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iceland v Wales

Do we have the merest clue of what team we're likely to put out, Ramsey's likely full debut aside?

Iceland v Wales

Whatever the team, Iīm sure itīll be the youngest ever defence put out by Wales. Itīs wet, miserable and fog-bound here in Keflavik by the way - stayed here last night in the team hotel. If they were unhappy about the hotel in Nicosia and Rimini, theyīll be made up with this one. Crossroads meets Premier Inn.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

They'll be happier with this one than Rimini as long as us mere fans don't dare enter the building. Although to be fair, the players on the whole were okay with us being there (apart from Bellamy).

How much have you paid for a pint Cubillas?

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Harry Carpenter wrote:
        Do we have the merest clue of what team we're likely to put out, Ramsey's likely full debut aside?
        none whatsoever but i do hope young chedwyn starts

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Is it on TV anywhere?

Comment

Iceland v Wales

S4C.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Bah!

Comment

Iceland v Wales

It's on www.s4c.co.uk too Bored.

Carl Fletcher will be captain - not heard much else, but will have an idea after the press conference which starts in five minutes.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Ooh, thanks, Jorge. The only problem is that it kicks off at the exact same time as I go onstage at the Junction in Bristol.

What's Welsh for "highlights"

Comment

Iceland v Wales

It'll be kicking off pretty much exactly when I get to work then.

Are highlights (and I use the term loosely) on the S4C website?

Comment

Iceland v Wales

They'll be happier with this one than Rimini as long as us mere fans don't dare enter the building. Although to be fair, the players on the whole were okay with us being there (apart from Bellamy).
                      What did Bellamy do?

What is the general feeling about our national team at the moment? If Davies, Gabbidon, Collins et al were fit, is anyone else optimistic and in agreement that Toshack's single-mindedness is starting to bear fruit?

Comment

Iceland v Wales

definitely, a lot of these kids coming through do look the part

i actually think qualification is on the cards, maybe not 2010 but 2012 and beyond look promising

wish we had a couple more centre halves though

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Does anyone know what Craig Davies' reasons for pulling out of the game were?

Comment

Iceland v Wales

I think you'll be able to watch the whole game at any time on demand through the S4C website. That was the case with the Luxembourg game at least, for a few weeks after it occured.

Highlights is Uchafbwyntiau.

Carl Fletcher as captain eh?

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Eidur Gudjohnsen isn't playing for Iceland, Barca won't let him.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

What did Bellamy do?
                                If it was anything like when I met him at Prague airport, he probably signed an autograph without taking his headphones off or talking.

Mind you, fair play, he had a big gallumphing hungover idiot approaching him while he was chilling.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Bellamy asked us what the fuck we were doing there and otherwise ignored us. Fair enough in a way, but not great when you consider that everyone else was perfectly okay, Tosh especially.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Bellamy asked us what the fuck we were doing there
                                    what the fuck

does he hate wales fans? or you specifically? or was he annoyed at you for having the temerity to stay in the same hotel as him? did he mean iceland specifically? even then..

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Fausto Ptang wrote:

What did Bellamy do?
                                      Injured, stomach strain according to reports yesterday that rated him as a doubt.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Aldo Simoncini wrote:
                                        Eidur Gudjohnsen isn't playing for Iceland, Barca won't let him.
                                        I read that too, did they give a reason?

Comment

Iceland v Wales

What is the general feeling about our national team at the moment?
                                          Near terminal depression for me.

If Davies, Gabbidon, Collins et al were fit
                                          I have grave concerns about Collins & Gabbidon ever becoming top-flight regulars (again in the case of the latter) and fulfilling their potential, their injury record is appalling.

is anyone else optimistic and in agreement that Toshack's single-mindedness is starting to bear fruit?
                                          I can't see how anything can be seen to "bear fruit", our squad currently looks as threadbare as any time in the last twenty years. There is individual talent in Bale, Gunter, Hennessey and Ramsey who have immense promise but even in the unlikely event of all four of them fulfilling it and becoming established Premiership players they are about a third of a team and we need a squad.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

In defence of Craig, we weren't actually staying there. But if the hotel security were stupid enough to mistake 8 or so tipsy North Walians who hadn't slept all night, for Wales team staff, it's their perogative.

Comment

Iceland v Wales

I think that Tosh generally talks to anyone and anybody. He talked to us for ages in Prague. He was ranting on about the Czech goals. Actually I have a feeling that he hadn't stopped ranting since full-time and we just captured that 10 minutes of it

Either that or he was looking for tips

Comment

Iceland v Wales

Bellamy asked us what the fuck we were doing there and otherwise ignored us.
                                                To be fair, my brother did the same when I went through the curtain to talk to him on the first class section of a plane once

Comment

Iceland v Wales

I think we are always likely to have a threadbare squad. Even England are feeling the same way at the moment, bemoaning the fact that there were only 130 odd premier league Englishmen to choose from. We haven't even got that many professionals have we? Never have, never will. We've always had a team that is either lacking any real class or a mix of top class strikers and shite defenders and vice versa. Even when we had Rush, Hughes, Ratcliffe and Southall in the same team they were being supplied by Peter Nicholas.
                                                  I'm feeling optimistic. Bale, Ramsey, Gunther, Hennessey, Chedwyn and Ledley. Koumas, Davies, Bellamy, (let's hope) Collins and Gabbidon. That's quite a promising amount. At least we can now agree that Toshack isn't leaving out anyone. The team spirit is good. Results have been very good and I think performances have been good for some time. Club football in the south is on the rise and we've got a good line up of future managers (Speed, Coleman and Savage).
                                                  I won't lie to you, I reckon we'll probably qualify for South Africa with a game or two to spare.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X