• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC Liverpool's badge

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
    EIM wrote:
    Eh?
    First time I looked at that, I thought it said 'Fans Team To Play Pagan Friendly'. I can't imagine what that might involve.
    Maybe gerontofiel was on to something;

gerontofiel wrote:
    Wicca, man

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Well done on that Hungarian badge, Kowalski. I was looking for a big enough image of it. Of course I forgot that I have one in my cupboard.

[IMG]http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/4ff0*MMwNRcZu91Kp5t4jcnaDsHlnKB-4h8Ev4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Superb. The club Patron is "Mad" Erik Meijer.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

As posted elsewhere...

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Too busy. It's a bit 'Revolution has a rebrand'.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Bored Of The Dance wrote:
              IWhat was the last team to be named "Red Star.." anything?
              This isn't exactly the same, and no-one will have the slightest interest in this (except perhaps Ursus), but one of the three remaining choices for Chicago's new professional women's team name is the Chicago Red Stars. It has a very, very good chance of being the actual name, which will be announced next week.

The reference is to the Chicago flag, which has four red stars across the middle of it, each representing a different event in the city's history.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

I think it's a horrible badge.

I mean, if I've misread it and they are a genuine revolutionary breakaway of anarcho-syndicalists then I suppose it's fitting, although I'd probably have even more problems about it if that were the case.

But if I'm correct and AFC Liverpool is really just a bit of hobbyism then the whole red star stuff is a bit wank, really. You're not the fucking revolutionary vanguard, boys. You might as well have a cornetto as the centrepiece. I mean, good luck and everything. I wish them well - this is how football clubs ought to be run and people ought to be able to go along and watch their local team and feel part of something. But, you know, Stockport County manage to do it pretty successfully without all that nonsensical Spartist window-dressing.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Agreed; I love the logo, but it's well, a bit like what I'd have done when I was 20. In fact I did do it when I was 20, basing our crappy works 5-a-side team badge on a red star. Woot.

But yeah, make your minds up. Use the revolutionary iconography all you like but remember that Lenin got on the train without a return ticket, boys.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

... and look how well that worked out.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

You'd want a bit of black in it if they were proper anarcho-syndicalists.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

At the DC United-TFC game Saturday, there wer happy birthday wishes up on the scoreboard to a kid named Marxlenin Jimenez. Total doubletake.

As you were.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Looks like AFC Liverpool are fucked from the outset. The FA have decided, according to Non League Today, to make them start at step 7, and not in the NWCL. Which, I think, is the league FC United's reserves have just won...

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

FCUM Reserves won the Cheshire Building Society Cheshire League Division Two, which is step 8. I know because I check this league for Golborne Sports...

AFC Barnsley started at step 7, and look what happened to them...

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Step 7 would probably be the Liverpool County Premier League, for AFC Liverpool, not the Cheshire Association Premier (that FCUM reserves play in). Both feed into the NWCL Division 2 depending on ground requirements (although I assume FCUM reserves can't get promoted any further, as a reserve team).

It wold be surprising for the FA to have made AFC Liverpool start lower than NWCL Div 2, if their ground is decent enough - last year there were only 18 teams in that league, not the 22 there were supposed to be, because there simply weren't enough other clubs with grounds good enough to make the grade.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

Ah, ok. Got my maths wrong. And our ressies wont be playing in tier 7 next year, as they've been disbanded.

The League have said they'll possibly reconsider the verdict if AFC Liverpool can prove they have 'exceptional circumstances' as we did. What it looks like to me is that they haven't been able to drum up enough support/start-up capital to make the league consider another ground-share agreement.

They effectively will be playing park football, which was one of the barbs thrown at FC United when we started.

Comment

AFC Liverpool's badge

"(although I assume FCUM reserves can't get promoted any further, as a reserve team)."

We refused promotion, as the ressies are being disbanded. There's too much of a gap between the standard of their league and the Unibond Prem for it to serve any real purpose.

Comment

Working...
                                  X