Jim Gannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Gannon

"Stockport manager Jim Gannon is refusing to co-operate with Sky Sports ahead of his side's League Two play-off final against Rochdale - because of a dispute over his defective Sky+ box.

Gannon is believed to have had problems with his personal video recorder for nine months, and is protesting against Sky's inability to correct the problem."

Jim Gannon

What a hero, that's the statue for the fourth plinth at Trafalgar Square.

Comment

Jim Gannon

It is, by some distance, the best thing about football I've heard today. And to be honest, Manchester United and Chelsea are going to have to go some to beat it.

Comment

Jim Gannon

That is utterly beautiful. I can't imagine it ever being surpassed, either, unless Steve Bruce's BBC HD channel goes on the fritz. Or Tony Pulis refuses to speak to MOTD cameras because Auntie passed on the Neighbours rights.

Comment

Jim Gannon

Always liked Jim Gannon, seemed like a sound chap. This is the clincher. What a brilliant thing to do.

Comment

Jim Gannon

He sued Stockport County for wrongful dismissal back in the early noughties and some County fans I know still amuse themselves acting out the transcript of the tribunal which heard the case, as it had several then-employees looking like prize cockfarmers. If any legally-qualified members of the Board could find it and link, that would be aces.

I saw him speak at the County London exiles fans forum and thought he was a refreshing change as a manager - said too many managers ask for cash to cover their failure and real management is about making people and teams work better together, in football and life. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Jim Gannon

I think David James has threatened the same thing in the past when he's had problems with his Sky box.

(Normally it's his Playstation he has problems with)

Comment

Jim Gannon

Isn't he on sick leave from Eastenders at the moment?

Dot is worried about him I believe.

Comment

Working...
                X