Sarkozy at Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarkozy at Arsenal

Sky News is on a telly at the far end of the newsroom. Nicolas Sarkozy and Gordon Brown appear to be giving some sort of press conference at the Emirates Stadium.

Sarkozy's supposed to be hardline on immigration, isn't he? Why is he holding court at the headquarters of a football club whose first team is almost exclusively composed of economic migrants?

Sarkozy at Arsenal

He doesn't mind because their not living in France any more.

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

where do you reckon he should hold this conference at? home of Athletic Bilbao?

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

I'm more perturbed by such a fine, upstanding institution as Arsenal FC giving house room to this right-wing monster.

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

And letting Sarkozy in as well is a bit off too

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

*applause*

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

Thursday will find Sarkozy at one of the biggest and strangest Anglo-French summits in recent years. At his personal request, the meeting will not take place at Downing Street or Chequers, but at the unofficial French embassy, the Emirates stadium in north London.

In the incongruous surroundings of Arsenal's stadium, Sarkozy and Brown will sit down to tackle some of the weightier issues of the day. Subjects for discussion are likely to include plummeting public trust in multinational financial institutions, closer cooperation on immigration and nuclear power, and the possible deployment of another 1,000 French troops to somewhere in Afghanistan.
              Always good to tick off another league ground while you're at it though, eh? Do The 92 Club accept summits though?

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

After his recent visit to see the Pope, Sarkozy told the French nation that the work of priests was infinitely more important than the work of teachers. I fully expect him to now announce that the work of a Bentley dealer is more important than the work of a nurse.

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

Arsene only sold one. Hardly makes him a dealer.

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

Fucking hell, they just had Wenger on the wireless going on about anglo-french relations/politics. Surely this will end up in WSC's football taking over the world mini-section?

How appropriate that Sarkozy turns up not long after arsenal's PL season goes tits up. Had wingco's 'french national anthem sounding the retreat' in my mind when the whole france/arsenal/emirates love in was being reported. Tee Hee.

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

Stop it, Paxton. I'm already feeling uneasy enough about the destination of this season's Champions League . . .

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

There are more French voters living in London than all but a handful fo French cities. I suspect most of them support Arsenal, It makes a lot of sense for Sarkozy to try and woo them.

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

On ITV's news I just saw Brown and Sarkozy with Blatter at the Emirates.

David Icke was right; There is an illuminati

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

No Illuminati at the Emirates, I`m afraid. 12-foot Lizards from other dimensions are a little too relian on route one tactics for Arsene`s liking.

Comment

Sarkozy at Arsenal

The Arse were humping long balls up to Adebayor against Aston Villa the other week. I thought I was seeing things.

Comment

Working...
                              X