Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cantagalo
    replied
    My Scottish mate informs me that 45 year old Rab Douglas turned out for Arbroath yesterday and kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 win at Hampden against Queens Park.

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I wonder how many other people thought he'd signed with an North American Soccer League club?
    *raises hand*

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    From that BBC article:

"He's looking OK on the box (television)"

Because we could have thought he meant standing on a box, or he's looking OK in the penalty area.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
    Washington FC sign Pascal Chimbonda, obviously.
    I wonder how many other people thought he'd signed with an North American Soccer League club?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Paul Merson has agreed you play a game for a Welsh League team. He's 49.

Paul Merson to play for fourth-tier Welsh club Caerau of Maesteg - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41578836

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Ze Roberto is still playing at 43 for Palmeiras. Andy Legg was playing for Llanelli aged 45 in 2011-12.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Excellent question! I bet there's an Argentine or Uruguayan or Brazilian who can beat that.

I'm buggered if I'm going to look for them at nearly 4 in the morning, but I bet there is one.
    Rivaldo left Mogi Mirim in 1994 and returned to score in a 3-1 win over Macaé in 2015 at the age of 43 - so a gap of 21 years.

The match was also notable because his son Rivaldinho was on the scoresheet as well.

Leave a comment:

• colinwasp
    replied
    Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
    I'm more impressed with his other accolade, English football's first ever green haired substitute.
    I was at that game. He equalized for Norwich before Bryan Gunn scuffed a backpass to give Ipswich the win. The only game I have ever been to where I have seen stewards actively encouraging fans on to the pitch to goad the visiting support.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Did we have a thread for longest gap between goals for the same club? Jermaine Defoe's winner for Bournemouth last night was his first for the club for 16 years.
    Excellent question! I bet there's an Argentine or Uruguayan or Brazilian who can beat that.

I'm buggered if I'm going to look for them at nearly 4 in the morning, but I bet there is one.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    Washington FC sign Pascal Chimbonda, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Did we have a thread for longest gap between goals for the same club? Jermaine Defoe's winner for Bournemouth last night was his first for the club for 16 years.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    And weren't they braids in West's hair that made it look green? Similar to how Vagner Love's appeared blue until you got a good close-up.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    West was still at Auxerre when Cureton dyed his hair.

Leave a comment:

• andrew7610
    replied
    Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
    I'm more impressed with his other accolade, English football's first ever green haired substitute.
    If I wasn't at work and doing some actual work for a change, I'd be checking Taribo West's time at Derby County to see if he was ever in contention for this...

Leave a comment:

• Crystal Staples
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    The Norwich sports paper The Pink 'Un has a piece on this:
    http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/a...feat-1-5195366

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe
    replied
    Radio 5 claimed the other day that, having now got a goal, he is the first ever player to score in all the top eight divisions of English football.
    Scored twice in his last game. Back on form.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Radio 5 claimed the other day that, having now got a goal, he is the first ever player to score in all the top eight divisions of English football.
    They interviewed him on Talksport today and talked about that.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    Matter of time before we find out.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Could he cut it in the Isthmian though?

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    Alexis Sanchez just scored for Arsenal.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
    Jamie Cureton is back at Farnborough for a fourth spell. Now aged 42. Played 3, scored 0 so far this season, but we are a division up.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-09-2017, 21:28.

Leave a comment:

• andrew7610
    replied
    Marcus Bent has just signed for Southern Combination Premier Divison Wick, at the age of 39. Apparently the chairman is an old schoolmate of his.

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe
    replied
    Jamie Cureton is back at Farnborough for a fourth spell. Now aged 42. Played 3, scored 0 so far this season, but we are a division up.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    A friend told me that Llanelli have reformed with Swansea legend Lee Trundle up front for them. He's 40.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X