Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sits View Post

It had to be Parma.
    I remember watching his debut on Channel Four as a very late replacement for Luca Bucci and he looked great even as a 17 year old.

Comment

Joe Murphy made his debut for Tranmere against Oxford in October 1999. He's now back at Tranmere and started their first seven games this season, he missed Saturday's win over Class Of 92 Vanity Project FC after getting injured against Rochdale a week earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
        Joe Murphy made his debut for Tranmere against Oxford in October 1999. He's now back at Tranmere and started their first seven games this season, he missed Saturday's win over Class Of 92 Vanity Project FC after getting injured against Rochdale a week earlier.
        When Joe Murphy was just starting out, my brother knew Joe's dad through work. His dad was complaining that when Joe came home for the summer, first thing he did was head out to play in 5 a side street leagues, with his mates, on concrete pitches in the local playground.

" I'm sick of telling him that he's a professional now, you shouldn't be doing that, but he won't listen, all he wants to do is play football " .

It doesn't sound like things have changed much.

Comment

Murphy was the best keeper I've seen at Scunny (not the highest bar to clear, although Musselwhite was top class too).
          By my reckoning he is one of four players from the glory season of 2006-07 still going, along with Sir Billy Sharp (Sheff Utd), Andy Keogh (Perth Glory), and Josh Lillis (Barrow player-keeper coach).

Comment

I'm sure he's been mentioned before on this thread, but Barry Hayles (49) was an unused substitute for Merstham yesterday.

Comment

Stephen Quinn scored for Mansfield in the B team bollocks tonight.

Comment

When we borrowed him from Sheffield United a long time ago, we reverted to using "Mighty Quin" as our run-on music...

Comment

https://twitter.com/veneziafc_en/status/1482047548923731973?s=21

Comment

One minute after coming on Nani has just set up the equalizer against Empoli

Comment

I know he's only 28 but Ravel Morrison's reemergence in the English game at Derby had passed me by until I saw he got sent off for his part in a brawl against Forest today.

Comment

Mario Balotelli scored again today for Adana Demirspor in Turkey.

Comment

The Italian press are reporting that Mancini is going to call him up for the training camp at the end of the month

Comment

Every time I remember to check how he's doing it's coming off the bench to score. 21 games this season, 16 of them starts, 9 goals and 3 assists.

Does it help that his boss is Vincenzo Montella?

Comment

Neil 'Toulouse' Taylor's at Boro now?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                The Italian press are reporting that Mancini is going to call him up for the training camp at the end of the month
                                He has indeed been recalled. I'd love for him to have a Roberto Baggio style late career bloom.

Comment

Ian Selley (47) named himself on the bench for Chertsey Town in tonight's Velocity Trophy fixture. I can recall the copious column inches in the Surrey Herald 30 years ago when Arsenal snapped him up from Chertsey.

Wikipedia says he currently plays for Dial Square, the protest club formed by disillusioned Arsenal supporters.

Comment

Turkish football is a bit of a gold mine of players you'd forgotten about. Yesterday I caught a bit of a game featuring Rizespor (the only football team sponsored by a brand of tea? Unless Harrogate Town are sponsored by Yorkshire Tea). Rizespor featured Yannick Bolasie, and latterly brought on Papiss Cisse.

Comment

NRATS, so I don't know if anyone else has mentioned him, but Derby and QPR fans may be interested to know that the 41 year old Adam Bolder has recently muscled his way into the North Ferriby side, and is busy schooling opponents half his age. Although it possibly helps his cause that his brother Chris is the manager.

Comment

Also from the "reformed club in northern non league" category, Neil Danns scored for Macclesfield today.

Comment

As mentioned on the match going thread I watched Lee Trundle play the full 90 for Ammanford today. Although really he only played the first 45 and then was a total passenger for the second half.

Comment

Fabio Quagliarella has just scored against Empoli, aged 39 and 19 days. The more things change the more they remain the same.

Comment

...and a half volley from 14 yards makes it two!

Comment

After not having scored for more than four months.

18th consecutive calendar year with a goal and a 100.for Samp.

Comment

With a very good chance of overtaking Batigol in the all-time Serie A goal scorers list

Comment

Gigi Buffon has extended his contract with Parma through 2024 (when he will be 46 years of age)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X