No announcement yet.

Oh, is he still playing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nile Ranger, still only 29, has joined Spalding United, intending to prove to everyone that the penny has dropped and he can get his head down and focus on football.

Comment

I was shocked and pleased to see the 35yo Faris Haroun captain Antwerp to a win against Spurs last night.

Comment

Meanwhile, the player who scored the first goal after the resumption in South Korea earlier this year, and who had an unsuccessful spell at Middlesbrough in the noughties, Lee Dong-gook, has retired aged 41. He played in the World Cup in France in 1998.
        Last edited by Capybara; 30-10-2020, 12:03.

Comment

Gary "smaller than you'd think, nice shoes though" McSheffrey came off the bench for my old village team, Rossington Main on Saturday. Not sure what impact he made on their 4-2 win over Hallam

Comment

Goran Pandev (37 years young) has just scored the goal that puts North Macedonia into Euro 2021.

Comment

Joleon Lescott to play for Racing Murcia in the Copa del Ray against Levante, presume the reason why will come out eventually

Comment

Originally posted by gavc23 View Post
                Joleon Lescott to play for Racing Murcia in the Copa del Ray against Levante, presume the reason why will come out eventually
                Four days older than me... there's still hope!

Comment

Didn’t quite work out for him did it?

Comment

Lescott apparently agreed to play an exhibition match, which got lost in translation and they announced they'd signed him for the cup game.

They have recent form for bullshitting for publicity, they announced Samuel Eto'o's signing last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                      Didn’t quite work out for him did it?
                      It was all going fine until he went to Villa, then the shit hit the fan.

Comment

Mario Balotelli has signed for Monza in Serie B, reuniting with Berlusconi, Galliani, Brocchi and other "old friends"

Comment

Is that near Barnsley?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

It was all going fine until he went to Villa, then the shit hit the fan.
                            If that is a reference to the incident at the Wycombe cup match, Lescott was actually the peace-maker.........

Comment

No, just a general "career going down the tubes" from which it never recovered.

Comment

I've got to thank Liverpool's match programme for this one, but Frode Kippe has come out of retirement at the age of 42 and played a few minutes as sub in two games for Lillestrom because of a defensive injury crisis. In doing so he became the first player who'd played for Liverpool in the 1990s to make a professional appearance in 2020.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mundialmag/status/1350375728290947074?s=21

Comment

I remember mentioning Baros after my last visit to Ostrava, in April 2018. I first saw him play for them as an 18 year-old in 2000, in Olomouc.

A lot of Czech and Slovak players do what he's done ; end their professional careers and start turning out for 5th/6th tier village sides for free (or perhaps expenses). Rosina, the village nearest to where I live, had a guy called Radoslav Zabavnik playing for them till a year ago - he'd previously played for Sparta Prague and Mainz amongst others, plus 58 internationals for Slovakia. He's probably still on the books, though they've only played 5-6 games since Covid hit. I went to a game there perhaps two years ago, and Rosina played the first 15 minutes with 10 men as Zabavnik had been stuck in traffic coming up from Bratislava.

Comment

Always conflicted when I read these kind of things. On a level it's nice that these folk obviously have such a commitment to the game they're happy to go back down the levels and play for their local team or whatnot, but on the other hand I'm picturing myself as some fat lad who's always been shite but plays on the Sunday for a laugh with mates, and I know that twice a season I'm going to wake up, likely hungover, and spend my morning trying to mark fucking Milan Baros. Doesn't seem quite fair.

Comment

Yeah. But that one time you meg him. You can dine out on that.

Comment

Roy Carroll: Former NI and Manchester United keeper ready for Irish League return at 43

Comment

Andr? Onana's twelve-month ban for "taking his wife's medicine" has meant a return to the Ajax starting XI for Maarten Stekelenburg.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
                                              I'm picturing myself as some fat lad who's always been shite but plays on the Sunday for a laugh with mates, and I know that twice a season I'm going to wake up, likely hungover, and spend my morning trying to mark fucking Milan Baros. Doesn't seem quite fair.
                                              I've mentioned this before, but there's a team in the same over-35s league as my local club that had (or maybe still has) a forward line consisting of Ivan Klasnic and Ivica Olic.

Comment

I'd make 'em play in diving boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                                  Nile Ranger, still only 29, has joined Spalding United, intending to prove to everyone that the penny has dropped and he can get his head down and focus on football.
                                                  Already surging back up through the divisions - signed for Southend on a month to month contract recently.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X