No announcement yet.

Oh, is he still playing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achieved legend status in his brief stay at Carlisle for the sheer intensity of his aimless running around.

Comment

"heralds"??

Comment

And isn't Galicia in North West Spain?

Comment

I suppose if you include the Canary Islands, then Galicia (and all of mainland Spain) could be described as the North East of the country.

Ashton Town have signed Emmerson Boyce.

Comment

Galicia is also in Poland. Just to confuse matters further

Comment

A particular source of confusion in my mother's family

Comment

And Iberia can also be a Greco-Roman reference to Georgia by which I mean the one in the Caucusus not the one you will find Athens in.

Comment

He's Nacho average signing for Biggleswade

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
                    And Iberia can also be a Greco-Roman reference to Georgia by which I mean the one in the Caucusus not the one you will find Athens in.
                    Greece?

Comment

Patrice Evra turned out for Middlesex County League side Brentham in a friendly yesterday, not sure if it was a one-off or not.

Comment

Now 34 year old Sebastien Bassong has made a shock return to White Hart Lane, playing for Haringey Borough in a friendly against Hanwell Town at the weekend.

Comment

Salamon Kalou is now 35 and has turned up at Botafogo. He's due to make his debut tonight against Coritiba.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                            Ricardo Fuller scored for Nantwich Town in their win over Stalybridge Celtic this afternoon. Apparently it's his first goal for almost 1500 days.
                            He's now signed for Hanley Town of the North West Counties Premier despite turning 41 next month.

The gap between goals mentioned above can at least partly be explained by the fact he was retired for about three years before signing for Nantwich.

Comment

Vitorino Hilton is 42 - and turns 43 on the 13th of this month - yet that hasn't stopped him playing in France's ligue 1 for Montpellier HSC, where he remains the club captain.

Comment

Mr Delicieux welcome!

Comment

Jefferson Louis has signed for Beaconsfield Town. I've read it's his 40th club, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.

Comment

Awwwwwwww!

Arjen Robben's comeback lasted 28 minutes as he was injured during Groningen's 3-1 home defeat by PSV Eindhoven on the opening weekend of the Eredivisie season.

Comment

Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
                                      Jefferson Louis has signed for Beaconsfield Town. I've read it's his 40th club, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.
                                      Apparently so, according to Wiki at least,

Comment

Seems to run in the family, although his cousin Richard Paquette has only turned out for a paltry 31 different teams. But he's got four years on Jefferson, so could be eyeing up his record.

Comment

39 year-old Nene scored both goals for Fluminense in their 2-1 win over Corinthians yesterday. It takes his goal tally to 17 this year.

Although you could be forgiven for forgetting his 8 appearances for West Ham in 2015, he has also had spells at PSG and Monaco.

Rather inappropriately, 'Nene' means 'baby' in Portuguese.
                                          Last edited by cantagalo; 14-09-2020, 16:51.

Comment

Prompted by the mention of his signing for Derby on the WSC mail-out, I can't help feeling that Colin Kazim-Richards somehow belongs on this thread. Less so on age, he's only 34, but due to being out of the English game for so long while playing in Turkey, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Scotland, Brazil and Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              Prompted by the mention of his signing for Derby on the WSC mail-out, I can't help feeling that Colin Kazim-Richards somehow belongs on this thread. Less so on age, he's only 34, but due to being out of the English game for so long while playing in Turkey, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Scotland, Brazil and Mexico.
                                              Strange one, this. He was utter shite in Brazil for both Coritiba and Corinthians 3-4 years ago. I doubt he's improved much while he was in Mexico.

Comment

A total of 22 appearances over three season for three different Liga MX clubs supports that conclusion

Comment

Lukas Podolski scored for Antalyaspor today. I though he retired years ago !

Comment

Working...
                                                  X