Oh, is he still playing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vagner Love, once of CSKA Moscow, is now playing for Alanyaspor in the Turkey Süper Lig, and he's just scored in his ninth game for the club. I thought he'd long since retired.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: Vagner Love, once of CSKA Moscow, is now playing for Alanyaspor in the Turkey Süper Lig, and he's just scored in his ninth game for the club. I thought he'd long since retired.
      He's only 32!

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: Quite a few from the FA Cup highlights at the weekend including Darren Purse and 43 year old Barry Hayles.
        And Hayles again a year later, for Chesham.

Comment

and, I believe, Paul Bastock for Stamford, who played against Barnet for Fisher Athletic in 1991.

Comment

Someone mentioned Steve Sidwell on Talksport earlier. Apparently scored a screamer for Brighton.

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: Someone mentioned Steve Sidwell on Talksport earlier. Apparently scored a screamer for Brighton.
              Wasn't a bad hit... https://youtu.be/iPYBG5bpT2I

Comment

He doesn't really belong here as 37 isn't that old for a keeper but I did a bit of a double take when R5 mentioned Paul Robinson is in goal for Burnley today against Man City. I suppose the two years without a senior game is the cause of that as much as his age.

Comment

Another goalkeeper warming the bench who I'd thought had long finished playing is Stuart Taylor, he's reserve keeper for the Saints today.

Comment

34 premier league appearances for stuart taylor.

Comment

95 appearances in 19 years.

Easy way to make a living.

Comment

David Agnew wrote: 95 appearances in 19 years.

Oh, is he still not playing?

Comment

David Agnew wrote: 95 appearances in 19 years.

And I thought this keeper had it though, 150 club appearances versus 90 for his country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kingson

Comment

Crusoe wrote: Jamie Cureton (41) leaves Farnborough to climb back up three divisions to sign for Eastleigh after scoring 9 goals in 10 games. Clearly one to watch for the future, this lad.
                            Cureton update : I saw him make a ten minute cameo appearance from the bench for St Albans City in their Conference South match against Welling United in the week. He appears to have left Eastleigh after seven games, returned to Farnborough for one game and goal before rocking up at Clarence Park in December and has notched 5 goals in 7 games.

Comment

It's incredibly warming to hear news of Jamie Cureton's continuing adventures, as for years now he's been the last active link to the Norwich teams I grew up watching – Cureton broke through there when I was 15 or 16, most memorably imprinting himself upon Canary fans' hearts when he dyed his hair green for a 1996 derby with Ipswich, then scored in it. It means I still have one player I idolised as a kid who's still going strong and still banging them in, even though I'm now 37.

Comment

colinwasp wrote: and, I believe, Paul Bastock for Stamford, who played against Barnet for Fisher Athletic in 1991.
                                Played for my local team, St Neots for a little while!

Old cat, still a quality keeper!

Comment

Kazuyoshi Miura was first mentioned in this thread seven years ago:
                                  dalliance wrote: Kazzy Miura is still playing in the Japanese Second Division and became the oldest goalscorer in League history when he scored for Yokohama at the age of 42.
                                  Grizzled Serie A watchers might just remember him for his short and unsuccessful stint as the first Japanese player in Serie A when he signed for Genoa in 1992. On his debut he caught a stray elbow from Franco Baresi that broke his cheekbone and he only ever looked scared and lost after that.
                                  Clearly he was still only just warming up then, as he's just become the oldest ever professional footballer to score a goal (Guardian link), aged 50 years and 14 days – and it won the game too for Yokohama FC, 1-0 over Thespa Kusatsu in J-League 2. He's beaten Sir Stanley Matthews' world record of 50 years and 5 days that had stood since 1965.

Comment

Oh, and Kazu is in merely the 32nd season of his career, by the way.

Comment

Jamie Cureton returns for a third spell at Farnborough this season (Farnborough > Eastleigh > Farnborough > St Albans > Farnborough).

Comment

Saido Berahino?

Comment

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/featur...on-league-get/

2016/17 in non-league for:

Clinton Morrison
                                          Jonathan Greening
                                          Julio Arca
                                          Paul Konchesky
                                          Jamie O'Hara
                                          Steve Claridge (not actually playing)
                                          Jamie Bullard (ditto)
                                          Darren Carter

Comment

I think we should ban 30 year olds who are simply turning out for financially doped monstrosities like O'Hara from the thread.

Comment

Barry Hayles is training with Windsor in pre-season. Would love to see him turn out in this

Comment

My eyes!

Comment

Jermaine Pennant joins O'Hara and Konchesky at Billericay

Comment

He played for Bury last season, apparently.

Another signing that host Sky Sports' James Cooper could bring up at our pre-approved Q&As as he asks the chairman with a look that mixes disbelief and sycophancy, "How on earth did you manage to sign him, Stewart?"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X