Oh, is he still playing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Brazil's série B, Mogi Mirim are currently 3-0 up against Macaé.

Rivaldo has scored a penalty and the other two have been scored by his son Rivaldinho.

Comment

Ah, this is the retirement thread, isn't it? I just posted this on the transfer thread instead. Anyway, Pablo Aimar's retired.

Comment

Sam wrote: Ah, this is the retirement thread, isn't it?
        Surely the title implies the opposite...

Comment

Three Times A Reddy wrote:
          Originally posted by Sam
          Ah, this is the retirement thread, isn't it?
          Surely the title implies the opposite...
          Stick around a bit. Thread titles are rarely the best indicators of actual content on here...

Comment

Brian Jensen - now aged 40, on the bench for Mansfield tonight.

Comment

Mo Idrissou has signed for KFC Uerdingen in the Oberliga.

Comment

Paul Bastock, 45 a few months ago, whose senior career started in 1988, is now Dunstable Town's keeper in Southern Premier League...

Comment

Branislav Ivanovic is still on Chelsea's books.

Comment

Roy Carroll is at Notts County if Saturday's football league show is to be believed (and I heard aright)

Comment

Juan Carlos Valerón turned 40 in June and is going to be Las Palmas' number 10 after leading them to promotion last season.

Comment

Kelvin Davies in goal for Southampton today.

Comment

Joe Cole has joined Coventry on loan from Aston Villa. He's about to turn 34, which I can't quite get my head around. He'll forever be "promising" to me.

Comment

Just reading an article about the Belgian national team now that they're number one and all that, and I'm surprised to see that Olivier Deschacht is still playing for Anderlecht aged 34.

Comment

Oh and Bobby Zamora scored for Brighton yesterday. He last scored for them in 2002,

Comment

Was surprised to see Dennis Souzae, the only Brazilian who has played for both Barnsley and Doncaster, gracing the Luxembourg national league today.

Comment

Zé Roberto (41) is still turning out for Palmeiras São Paulo.

Comment

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote: Was surprised to see Dennis Souzae, the only Brazilian who has played for both Barnsley and Doncaster, gracing the Luxembourg national league today.
                                    Is he still at Wiltz?

Comment

Just seen a tweet that says former Wales international Danny Gabbidon is now playing for Panteg in the Welsh League.

Darcy Blake (ex Cardiff City) has also signed for a Welsh League side - Aberbargoed Buds. I don't think he's that old though so either he has had a massive decline in ability or he is seriously crocked.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote: Darcy Blake (ex Cardiff City) has also signed for a Welsh League side - Aberbargoed Buds. I don't think he's that old though so either he has had a massive decline in ability or he is seriously crocked.
                                        He's not 27 till December - I think his decline has a lot to do with the bottle unfortunately.

Comment

I am not sure that he is old enough for this thread but Ibrahima Sonko turned out against us for Harlow Town the other week.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote: Just seen a tweet that says former Wales international Danny Gabbidon is now playing for Panteg in the Welsh League.

Darcy Blake (ex Cardiff City) has also signed for a Welsh League side - Aberbargoed Buds. I don't think he's that old though so either he has had a massive decline in ability or he is seriously crocked.
                                            Gabbidon is playing a few games for Panteg so he gets to play with his brother.

Darcy Blake was playing rugby until recently.

Comment

Might have been mentioned that Julio Arca is turning out for South Shields at the age of 34. Which is not that old actually.

Comment

@Mirko

Who was Darcy Blake playing rugby for?

Comment

We may have a winner :

"Stevenage manager Teddy Sheringham has registered himself as a player...The 49-year-old..."

Comment

...still doesn't have any pace, and still looks EXACTLY the same as he ever did.

He's no man, he's a Terminator. Or summink.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X