Oh, is he still playing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a winner! 55 year old Dave Beasant is on Stevenage's bench today.

Comment

37 year old David Connolly returns to Wimbledon.

Comment

Recoba's still got it at 38

Always had a bit of a soft spot for El Chino - was an automatic buy for me in the Pro Evo Master League back in his Inter days.

Comment

Frank Sinclair and Billy Turley pitched up for Brackley Town away at North Ferriby the other night.

Sadly, Frank didnt score a comedy own goal.

Comment

Liam Miller has gone "home" to League of Ireland title contenders Crk City. He could line up in midifeld alongside Colin Healy.

Not too many ex-internationals choose to lower themselves to play League of Ireland but Keith Fahey and Stephen McPhail are both on Shamrock Rovers books for the coming season. The bankrupt Keith Gillespie was a star turn for First Division Longford Town until the end of the 2013 season, at the age of 37 or so.

Comment

Jon Macken scored for Bamber Bridge in the NPL 1st division play offs last night.

Comment

Proud to say my interest in the subject led me to score 8/10 in this quiz.

Comment

Yes, saw the discussion of that on the Euro qualifiers thread and AE's input. Can't believe he's only 34.

Comment

I had to remind myself this morning that Raul is actually playing in the US with the Cosmos.

Also, you might have seen a ridiculous 40+ yard goal by Ludovic Guily recently, playing for the amateur club Monts d'Or Azergues Foot (who play in stadium they named after him). At one point he was joined at the club by Sidney Govou.

The latter now plays for FC Miami City Champions.

(wiki wormhole stuff...)

Comment

Not only is Raul playing for them, but he's playing with Marcos Senna (who is finally retiring this year).

FC Miami have some kind of tie in with PSG that I've never really understood.

Some guys currently playing in Turkey

Emmanuel Eboue
                      Didier Zokora
                      Nikola Zizic
                      Tomas Ufalusi
                      Fabian Ernst
                      Joseph Yobo
                      Milos Krasic

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Proud to say my interest in the subject led me to score 8/10 in this quiz.

Ditto. Got Saint and Sharpe wrong.

Comment

Ditto ditto, but Rush and Klinsmann

Comment

Kazu Miura has scored twice so far this season for mid-table J2 side Yokohama FC. He's 48.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Some guys currently playing in Turkey

Emmanuel Eboue
                              Didier Zokora
                              Nikola Zizic
                              Tomas Ufalusi
                              Fabian Ernst
                              Joseph Yobo
                              Milos Krasic
                              I thought Fabian Ernst was playing in non-league football in Hanover. Has he gone back to Turkey?

Comment

Raul's at NY Cosmos? Excellent news!

Comment

I should have clocked he was still playing for Boro, but Jonathan Woodgate's appearance on a team sheet gave me an almighty surprise.

Comment

Sean Thornton (the bleached blonde chubby lad from Sunderland's lowest-ever points season) plays in Ireland now, and surprisingly he's only 32.

Comment

At the age of 43, after a break of 16 months, Rivaldo was back in action last night for Série B's Mogi Mirim. They actually won their first game of the season against Naútico but both goals in their 2-1 win were scored after he'd been subbed.

As Rivaldo is club President, he could probably go on selecting himself for as long as he likes. It is worth pointing out though, that as President he seems to be an utter twat. Recently, he retaliated to criticism by fans by quintupling admission prices from 20 to 100 Reais.

Comment

Just read that Selim Teber (played for a few seasons in the top two divisions for Kaiserslautern, Frankfurt and Hoffenheim) has signed for his hometown club, VfR Frankenthal.

Comment

cantagalo wrote:
                                          As Rivaldo seems to be an utter twat. Recently, he retaliated to criticism by fans by quintupling admission prices from 20 to 100 Reais.
                                          Did he also fall over dramatically clutching his face?

Comment

JVL wrote: Just read that Selim Teber (played for a few seasons in the top two divisions for Kaiserslautern, Frankfurt and Hoffenheim) has signed for his hometown club, VfR Frankenthal.
                                            I think he had been playing in Turkey for Ankaragücü for the past few seasons. Never realised he had played at that high a level.

Comment

Someone tweeted today that Jason Koumas has officially retired.

I thought that had happened years ago.

Comment

It did. Then he came out of retirement to play for Tranmere.

Comment

Well that worked out well for Tranmere then.

Comment

I don't think Koumas actually retired when he left Wigan in 2011, he just didn't have a club for a couple of years. He always was a strange, moody chap though he was excellent in his first loan season at Cardiff.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X