• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, is he still playing?!

that and yoga

Comment

Rivaldo signs a one year deal back in Brazil, he is 39 now.

Comment

Apparently Michael Owen plays for Manchester United. Who knew?

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote:
          Rivaldo signs a one year deal back in Brazil, he is 39 now.
          FACT: He will be 40 at the end of this one year deal

Comment

The goalkeepers in tonight's Dagenham v Brentford game, Tony Roberts and Simon Royce, have a combined age of 80.

Comment

I'm glad someone referenced and found this thread on the transfers one as it gives me the chance to update DuberryWatch.

He popped up ineffectively marshalling Oxford United's backline in our League Cup game against them last week. This may have previously been covered but he also owns an online baby clothes business with his wife.

Comment

Former Derby County defensive rock Stefan Schnoor (40) is still turning out for Germania Schnelsen in the Hamburg-Liga.

I watched him play at the fag-end of last season, where he spent most of the time standing on the left wing and pinging one-touch passes with the outside of his boot.

At this ground, the players have to walk about 200 yards from the pitch to the dressing rooms, on the same gravel path that the spectators use. As I was walking out at the end, I suddenly found myself directly behind Herr Schnoor (who, incidentally, is considerably shorter and slighter than I thought he was).

I sidled up to him in a manner that was probably far too creepy for both of our tastes and said, "Outside left, eh? Fancy yourself as a bit of a Ryan Giggs in your old age, do you?"

He just looked at me and said, "Giggs? I'd like to see him doing what I've just done when he gets to my age."

Yes, all right, you had to be there.

Comment

I'll pinch the Christian Dailly example then.

Comment

Apparently Gordon Durie was on the bench for East Fife last Saturday. He is 167 years old.

Comment

As I mentioned on the Conference thread, not only is Andy Morrell back at Wrexham but he scored two goals against Bath City and, at 36, he is a full 8 years younger than me.

This man is 8 years younger

than me.

Comment

Apparently Gordon Durie was on the bench for East Fife last Saturday. He is 167 years old.

About 20 years ago, I was told I was a ringer for Gordon Durie. I sincerely hope this isn't the case now:

I'm not trying to be funny, but is he ill?

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:
                          As I mentioned on the Conference thread, not only is Andy Morrell back at Wrexham but he scored two goals against Bath City and, at 36, he is a full 8 years younger than me.
                          What's especially damning is that that picture of him is four years old as well. I get that with David Weir, he might be old for a footballer but he looks like he's actually pushing sixty.

Nice shirt, by the way.

Comment

I hoped that may be the case as that picture of me is 2 years old but the only one in Google images.

Thank you. That was my favourite hat and I lost it last year.

Comment

That hat looks a lot like sw2's conversation hat, I'll see if I can convince him to send it to you in the post. His head doesn't suit hats, you see

Comment

I have the biggest head in Christendom. I am a 7 and 7eigths. I will have it if it fits. I would love to see a picture of a "conversation hat" though, that would be great.

Comment

Ian Selley is at Ks this season.

Comment

Bored, have you been introduced to Gangster Octopus of this parish? I suspect you'd get along sartorially wise...

Comment

If I ever saw those two (BoE and GO) in a pub together, wearing those shirts, I'd start squinting and trying to make out a magic eye picture.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
                                        About 20 years ago, I was told I was a ringer for Gordon Durie. I sincerely hope this isn't the case now
                                        Surely there's no way of knowing without an equivalent photo of your (healthy) self?

In the meantime, and for no reason whatsoever, here is a photo of some slices of processed cheese:

Comment

Surely there's no way of knowing without an equivalent photo of your (healthy) self?

Thankfully, I don't possess any digital photos of myself. I've been told I look like any number of people, including John Lydon, Boris Becker, Steffi Graf and, most recently and most disturbingly, Schorsch Kamerun (the lead singer of Die Goldenen Zitronen), who I think looks like something you normally see sticking out of a church wall with water running out of its mouth.

However, my ex-girlfriend did once paint a picture of me:

Comment

In the meantime, and for no reason whatsoever, here is a photo of some slices of processed cheese:
                                            Are you equating me with processed cheese?

Comment

No.

Comment

The painting is very nice.

Comment

Even though he's not that old (34), I have been making the titular exclamation regularly over the last few weeks every time I notice David Connolly has scored again for Soton in D2.

I had forgotten him so completely that when I looked him up to post this I wondered why there was seemingly no record of him until I remembered his first name wasn't actually Kevin as I first thought.

I always assume he's spent more time abroad in his peripatetic career but was shocked to find out he's been playing back in the English leagues for a solid decade.

Comment

David Connolly
                                                    Oh, yes. The odd "David Connolly is playing at Feyernoord" revelation.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X