Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cantagalo
    replied
    39 year-old Nene scored both goals for Fluminense in their 2-1 win over Corinthians yesterday. It takes his goal tally to 17 this year.

Although you could be forgiven for forgetting his 8 appearances for West Ham in 2015, he has also had spells at PSG and Monaco.

Rather inappropriately, 'Nene' means 'baby' in Portuguese.
    Last edited by cantagalo; 14-09-2020, 16:51.

Leave a comment:

• Uros Predic
    replied
    Seems to run in the family, although his cousin Richard Paquette has only turned out for a paltry 31 different teams. But he's got four years on Jefferson, so could be eyeing up his record.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
    Jefferson Louis has signed for Beaconsfield Town. I've read it's his 40th club, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.
    Apparently so, according to Wiki at least,

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Awwwwwwww!

Arjen Robben's comeback lasted 28 minutes as he was injured during Groningen's 3-1 home defeat by PSV Eindhoven on the opening weekend of the Eredivisie season.

Leave a comment:

• mirko bolesan
    replied
    Jefferson Louis has signed for Beaconsfield Town. I've read it's his 40th club, but I don't think anyone is 100% sure.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Mr Delicieux welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    Vitorino Hilton is 42 - and turns 43 on the 13th of this month - yet that hasn't stopped him playing in France's ligue 1 for Montpellier HSC, where he remains the club captain.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by longeared View Post
    Ricardo Fuller scored for Nantwich Town in their win over Stalybridge Celtic this afternoon. Apparently it's his first goal for almost 1500 days.
    He's now signed for Hanley Town of the North West Counties Premier despite turning 41 next month.

The gap between goals mentioned above can at least partly be explained by the fact he was retired for about three years before signing for Nantwich.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Salamon Kalou is now 35 and has turned up at Botafogo. He's due to make his debut tonight against Coritiba.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Now 34 year old Sebastien Bassong has made a shock return to White Hart Lane, playing for Haringey Borough in a friendly against Hanwell Town at the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Patrice Evra turned out for Middlesex County League side Brentham in a friendly yesterday, not sure if it was a one-off or not.

Leave a comment:

• 1974ddr
    replied
    Originally posted by beak View Post
    And Iberia can also be a Greco-Roman reference to Georgia by which I mean the one in the Caucusus not the one you will find Athens in.
    Greece?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    He's Nacho average signing for Biggleswade

Leave a comment:

• beak
    replied
    And Iberia can also be a Greco-Roman reference to Georgia by which I mean the one in the Caucusus not the one you will find Athens in.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    A particular source of confusion in my mother's family

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Galicia is also in Poland. Just to confuse matters further

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    I suppose if you include the Canary Islands, then Galicia (and all of mainland Spain) could be described as the North East of the country.

Ashton Town have signed Emmerson Boyce.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    And isn't Galicia in North West Spain?

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    "heralds"??

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Achieved legend status in his brief stay at Carlisle for the sheer intensity of his aimless running around.

Leave a comment:

• torres
    replied
    He’s usually found swinging shite punches outside Glasgow boozers.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbo McGinnis
    replied
    Didn’t he have a heart attack not long ago?

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Biggleswade United have served further notice of their ambitious plans with the announcement of the signing of the Glasgow Rangers legend and Hall of Fame member, Nacho Novo.

Novo who is 41 years old and heralds from Galicia in North East Spain joins the club following three years out of the game since leaving Northern Ireland side Glentoran in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    That’s really nice.

Leave a comment:

• 1974ddr
    replied
    I have a friend who supports Groningen, he assured me last year that this was going to happen. I should have put a bet on it. I dare say the odds would have been short as it appears not to have been unexpected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X