Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Andres Iniesta played his final game today, a farewell friendly for Vissel Kobe against Barcelona

Leave a comment:

• irony towers
    replied
    Adam Tann, who had five seasons with Cambridge United in the early 2000s, is playing tonight for Gorleston in the Norfolk Senior Cup final, having recently turned 40.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    A Sion squad which includes former Spurs left back Reto Ziegler, still going at 37!

Leave a comment:

• Oldelpaso
    replied
    Against a Sion side captained by Mario Balotelli, no less.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    https://twitter.com/A11Aron/status/1658000440066277378?s=20

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1650180146303737857?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Boneless
    replied
    https://twitter.com/shumanskoo/statu...8DCglghig&s=19
    47 year old keeper in Bulgarian league

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Last night I saw Kelvin Langmead playing centre back for Banbury Utd in National league North - the first time I saw him play, he was scoring the winner for Carlisle at Mansfield in April 2004 in our ultimately doomed attempt to avoid falling into the Conference.

Leave a comment:

• JVL
    replied
    Ailton promises 'goals, goals, goals'

Apparently he's going to appear for TSV Bassum III in the local derby against SC Twistringen IV at the end of April, in the 3. Kreisklasse Diepholz Mitte...

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Scunthorpe, Walsall and Donny stalwart and all round good lad Andy Butler (39) is still playing for Farsley Celtic (under Russ Wilcox). Made his 700th appearance at the weekend, and then scored last night on the 19th anniversary of his first goal. A lot of 7s in play here https://twitter.com/butler__andy/status/1623266335886127105?t=PDbsQb9oKHYPBSlQQ3-kdg&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Still a kid compared to Kaz Miura, who will be 56 next month and has made 18 appearances for Suzuka Point Getters in the Japan Footvall League
    Kazuyoshi Miura, 55, signs for Portuguese second-division side Oliveirense on loan

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Fraser Forster was in goal for Spurs yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Andy Carroll gets his red card on MOTD. Mrs Thistle literally said "Oh, is he still playing?" Then after watching the replay of his kamikaze slide that got him sent off, "He always was a moron."

She has opinions, does Mrs Thistle.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    I was surprised to see Big Willy Caballero on MotD pulling on the gloves and making a couple of cracking saves for Southampton in the FA Cup yesterday, at the fair age of 41.

He's also a candidate for the surprisingly few appearances thread – only 34 Premier League starts in coming up to nine years knocking around England, and in fact not many more than 300 career appearances in the pro game, so barely averaging 15 a season across his career.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    Even more incentive to dust off the boots.
    ​​​​​​
    I wonder if there's anybody older than him still playing?

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Hasn't he just gone to play in Portugal? I think the club he's gone to there have the same owners as Yokohama FC.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Still a kid compared to Kaz Miura, who will be 56 next month and has made 18 appearances for Suzuka Point Getters in the Japan Footvall League

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    I did see that.
    Might dust off the boots this weekend, especially as I discovered yesterday that ex-Feyenoord and Japanese international Shinji Ono is still going at 43 in the Japanese 2nd Division.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Boneless
    replied
    Saw this article about Nassim Akrour. 48 years old and plays in the French fifth tier. he will play against Lyon is the French Cup this weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/64325786

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassim_Akrour

Leave a comment:

• Tapiocahead
    replied
    And Shane Smeltz, fresh from scoring against Italy for NZ in the 2010 World Cup rocks up at Guiseley in the Northern Premier League aged 41

Leave a comment:

• Tapiocahead
    replied
    Derbyshire was best man at our 2nd choice/back up keepers wedding, so i reckon he's more from his contact book than Hughes.
    Still a bizarre signing mind

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
    Matt Derbyshire has just signed for Bradford City
    His excellent loan spell with us was SEVENTEEN seasons ago. Fucking hell.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
    Matt Derbyshire has just signed for Bradford City
    I have a good friend who is a huge Bantams fan and he was laughing when he told me this news with the idea that Mark Hughes’s ‘connections book’ may not be as full or up to date as the supporters had hoped if he’s bringing in a player he last worked with about fifteen years ago.

Then, curiously, they said pretty much exactly the same thing on the new ‘Not The Top Twenty’ podcast.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    He's only 33 but I did a double take when I heard Scott Sinclair's name mentioned on the radio as a scorer yesterday, doubly so with the realisation he was back at Bristol Rovers.

Leave a comment:

• seand
    replied
    Shane Long popped up on Match of the Day, scoring for Reading in the FA Cup. Was sure he'd retired

Leave a comment:

Working...
X