Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JVL
    replied
    Mike Hanke, who featured for Germany at the 2006 World Cup and hasn't played at any competitive level for three years, has signed up for TuS 1910 Wiescherhöfen (the club he first joined as a boy) in the Landesliga Westfalen. And he scored a last-minute equaliser on his debut against Schwarz-Weiß Wattenscheid 08 last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Likewise. His time at Konyaspor is likely to prove as forgettable as the time he apparently spent at Goodison.

And isn't claim six something warranting a police investigation??

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    I have absolutely no recollection of Eto'o ever playing for Everton, which he apparently did for half a season three years ago. A reverse Mandela moment.

Keeping things Cameroonian, I spotted Alex Song on the roster at Rubin Kazan while researching who the hell Javi Gracia was. But he's now walked out after a row over late payments, and has pitched up for training at Arsenal, With Wenger trotting out the usual "no, he's just working on his fitness, there will be no deal" that was heard previously when Henry, Campbell and Lehmann did the same before signing up for a swansong. Arsenal is the only club where Song looked anything like a player, so why not? He's only 30.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    The word tweet in square brackets (and then /tweet afterwards)
    Ah, only just seen this. Thank you!

https://twitter.com/konyaspor/status/958668122914992128

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I had the identical reaction.

I also hadn't realized that he already has something like 40 games for Olimpia

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Roque Santa Cruz scored last night for Olímpia of Paraguay against Junior Barranquilla in the Copa Libertadores.

I thought he was older but he’s only 36.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    The word tweet in square brackets (and then /tweet afterwards)

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Samuel Eto'o? The Samuel Eto'o?!

Nice understated announcement, mind.

(How do I embed a tweet on here?)
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 31-01-2018, 15:16.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Last of his kind

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy Pepys
    replied
    Tomáš Rosický retires.

He was at Sparta Prague apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Hadn't realised Michael Tonge was still playing until I saw him turn out for Port Vale today.

Leave a comment:

• colinwasp
    replied
    Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
    Surprised to see Speroni still going at Palace
    Described by someone in our local as looking like "Karl Pilkington just back from inter-railing"

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    In a reverse of the usual sentiment on this thread, 35 seems awfully young to be a keeper two years in to your retirement.
    Mikel Arteta is only 35 and is already in his second coaching job.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    34 year old Carlton Cole is training with Wimbledon. I think it could very likely be just for him to gain fitness but he’s actually the kind of target man they could do with.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Phil Bardsley is making his seventh league start for Burnley, 11 years after his sixth.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    In a reverse of the usual sentiment on this thread, 35 seems awfully young to be a keeper two years in to your retirement.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    Is that the blond Leeds/ManU fighty one?
    Yes. Notts are like a retirement home for ex-PL players, alongside him there is Shola Ameobi, Nicky Hunt and Jon Stead.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
    Alan Smith came on for a 2 minute runabout for Notts County today. He now has a man-bun.
    Is that the blond Leeds/ManU fighty one?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Sylvan Ebanks-Blake scored today for Telford in the FA Trophy

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Alan Smith came on for a 2 minute runabout for Notts County today. He now has a man-bun.

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    The other day whilst browsing the Russian third tier tables I noticed that Roman Pavlyuchenko is now playing for Ararat Moscow. They top their section, whilst Roman is second top scorer.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    I've just noticed that Georgios Samaras, once of Celtic, has turned up in the second tier of Turkey with Samsunspor. He's only 32 but I could have sworn he was much older.

Leave a comment:

• Tapiocahead
    replied
    Surprised to see Speroni still going at Palace

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    I don't think Guinness will let him have the record - Shilton's were all for fully professional teams and they're quite insistent on these things.

Leave a comment:

• Pérou Flaquettes
    replied
    "Bonkers week" for 47 year-old Paul Bastock - the man who broke Peter Shilton's record of 1,249 career appearances

Leave a comment:

Working...
X