Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin S
    replied
    Go on, Jamie lad. No longer any 'Oh' factor with Cureton of course, but he's a real trooper of this thread. Turns 43 in a couple of weeks.
    https://twitter.com/JamieCuro/status...688586240?s=19
    https://twitter.com/JamieCuro/status/1027978933688586240?s=19

Leave a comment:

• Uros Predic
    replied
    JASON PRICE UPDATE

He's currently playing in the 2018 Seniors World Cup

...for England!?!

Given that his partner up front in their last match was Barry Hayles, as in ten times capped by Jamaica Barry Hayles, think its fair to say national eligibility criteria in the Vets is somewhat lax.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Former Cardiff, Wolves and Birmingham centre half Roger Johnson scoring a 95th minute own goal to send the Trophy Final in to extra time (and which his team Bromley ultimately lost on penalties) caused me to wonder where he’d been.

He’s 35 now but almost invisible since his career at Wolves fizzled out about four years ago amidst rumours of alcohol problems and a disastrous loan spell with West Ham. Two spells at Charlton I managed to miss/forget sandwiching a short spell in the Indian Super League with Pune United fill the gap.

I really thought he could go on to get an England cap after leaving Cardiff, wasn’t he in a squad once?
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-08-2018, 21:28.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Bolton wanderers and West ham fans will be happy to know that Joey O'Brien hasn't changed much,he signed for Shamrock Rovers at the start of the season,missed the first dozen games with injury and then got sent off for a wild lunge,he's still only 32

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Really? What a wanker.

Leave a comment:

• Tapiocahead
    replied
    I saw Nigel Reo Coker half heartedly warming up for Franchise a few weeks back. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I’ve seen Lenny Pidgeley play for both Hastings and Margate in recent seasons and I’m always surprised at how young he actually is. This is partly because of how long ago he made his debut but mainly because he clearly has the name of a man born in 1934.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-05-2018, 08:48.

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe
    replied
    Farnborough have just signed Lenny Pidgeley (34, made his debut for Chelsea against Charlton in 2004) and Jefferson Louis (39, we'll be his 37th club).

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    CURETONWATCH UPDATE

After leaving Farnborough for the third time in January, our 42 year old hero is now playing for Bishop's Stortford.
    You report that is if this was news on here...

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
    Haha. Rwyt ti wedi anghofio’r barddoniaeth yn ein calonau!
    D'oh, yeah that was the one

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    I have no rhythm whatsoever - that must be the 1/8th English blood taking over.
    I do, surprisingly, considering I'm 3/4 white Anglo-Saxon English, pretty much. That 1/4 Welsh must have a surprisingly large effect.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
    These Welsh all look the same to me. Marvellous sense of rhythm, look you.
    I have no rhythm whatsoever - that must be the 1/8th English blood taking over.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
    Sorry Ray!

We do indeed all look a lot alike here west of the Severn Bridge, Chris. Small, dark and swarthy, mostly, with shifty eyes. But with music in our soul and, er, daffodils in our hair.
    Haha. Rwyt ti wedi anghofio’r barddoniaeth yn ein calonau!
    Last edited by ChrisJ; 14-04-2018, 04:44. Reason: Ffin...

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Eh?
    Sorry Ray!

We do indeed all look a lot alike here west of the Severn Bridge, Chris. Small, dark and swarthy, mostly, with shifty eyes. But with music in our soul and, er, daffodils in our hair.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Originally posted by jameswba View Post
    Apologies if he's already been mentioned, but Milan Baros (now aged 37) is still going at Banik Ostrava. At least he was till Good Friday, when a Jihlava player stamped on his calf, causing a gash that needed four stitches. He'd earlier scored Banik's first goal in their 3-1 win.

I first saw Baros playing for Banik in 2000, away to Sigma Olomouc. I doubt there are any other Czech/Slovak players I've seen playing for the same club in games 18 years apart.
    He's actually played for banik over 4 different spells. Talking of ex-villa strikers, john carew is no longer playing but he was at the villa game the other night - sitting next to prince William.

41 year old lee hughes signed for halesowen town the other week and so has been all over the local press for a few weeks now.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    He’s also started as a part time coach at Arsenal’s academy this season, I’ve just discovered.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo
    replied
    CURETONWATCH UPDATE

After leaving Farnborough for the third time in January, our 42 year old hero is now playing for Bishop's Stortford.

He returned to his previous club last night and bagged a brace in a 0-5 win making it 10 goals in 15 games for his new team.
    A friend of mine who works for Bishop's (and was at the 5-0 game) tells me that Cureton is now on 335 goals from 951 matches. Jamie's aim is to complete 1,000 games and score 350 goals by the time he retires, so he will certainly carry on next season if fit enough.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Eh?
    These Welsh all look the same to me. Marvellous sense of rhythm, look you.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
    Marvellous. Thanks Bored.
    Eh?

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Originally posted by jameswba View Post
    Apologies if he's already been mentioned, but Milan Baros (now aged 37) is still going at Banik Ostrava. At least he was till Good Friday, when a Jihlava player stamped on his calf, causing a gash that needed four stitches. He'd earlier scored Banik's first goal in their 3-1 win.

I first saw Baros playing for Banik in 2000, away to Sigma Olomouc. I doubt there are any other Czech/Slovak players I've seen playing for the same club in games 18 years apart.
    But how can we be sure it isn't actually Jennifer Capriati masquerading as Baros?

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    Marvellous. Thanks Bored.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    CURETONWATCH UPDATE

He returned to his previous club last night and bagged a brace in a 0-5 win making it 10 goals in 15 games for his new team.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-04-2018, 13:55.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    I'm not sure this should even count for this thread but the BBC decided it was story-worthy, so... Derek Riordan signs for St Bernard's.

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tapiocahead
    replied
    He's not playing but surprised to learn that Jose Baxter has a contract at Everton

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Just realised that Bacary Sagna is now at Benevento, the team currently ten points adrift at the bottom of Serie A.

He's 35 now, but based on his performances last season at Manchester City he deserves better than this. Still looked a good player.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X