Oh, is he still playing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
    We have a 'Spotted' column in the Doncaster fanzine for current and ex-players and Price is a semi-regular occurrence, usually spotted in his van on the M62.

This might help you pinpoint his location further, he's racking up the five star reviews for his chosen post-football career.

That reminds me of Colin Charvis Flooring.

"Lyn, idea for a show - possibly for s4c. Two afro-sporting former Welsh sports stars travel across Wales helping people convert their houses. Sort of DIY SOS meets Superstars. Needs a good punning title though. "

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
      Ex Swansea, Hull and Doncaster man Jason Price, with a neat touch and finish for Harrogate Railway Athletic.
      That's ex Swansea, Hull, Doncaster and Welsh Cup winning goalscorer, Jason Price ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        "Lyn, idea for a show - possibly for s4c. Two afro-sporting former Welsh sports stars travel across Wales helping people convert their houses. Sort of DIY SOS meets Superstars. Needs a good punning title though. "
        Fuck, I'm having that one ..!

Comment

We need to talk format rights fees.

Comment

A friend told me that Llanelli have reformed with Swansea legend Lee Trundle up front for them. He's 40.

Comment

Jamie Cureton is back at Farnborough for a fourth spell. Now aged 42. Played 3, scored 0 so far this season, but we are a division up.

Comment

Marcus Bent has just signed for Southern Combination Premier Divison Wick, at the age of 39. Apparently the chairman is an old schoolmate of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
                  Jamie Cureton is back at Farnborough for a fourth spell. Now aged 42. Played 3, scored 0 so far this season, but we are a division up.
                  Radio 5 claimed the other day that, having now got a goal, he is the first ever player to score in all the top eight divisions of English football.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-09-2017, 21:28.

Comment

Alexis Sanchez just scored for Arsenal.

Comment

Could he cut it in the Isthmian though?

Comment

Matter of time before we find out.

Comment

Radio 5 claimed the other day that, having now got a goal, he is the first ever player to score in all the top eight divisions of English football.
                          They interviewed him on Talksport today and talked about that.

Comment

Scored twice in his last game. Back on form.

Comment

The Norwich sports paper The Pink 'Un has a piece on this:
                              http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/a...feat-1-5195366

Comment

I'm more impressed with his other accolade, English football's first ever green haired substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
                                  I'm more impressed with his other accolade, English football's first ever green haired substitute.
                                  If I wasn't at work and doing some actual work for a change, I'd be checking Taribo West's time at Derby County to see if he was ever in contention for this...

Comment

West was still at Auxerre when Cureton dyed his hair.

Comment

And weren't they braids in West's hair that made it look green? Similar to how Vagner Love's appeared blue until you got a good close-up.

Comment

Did we have a thread for longest gap between goals for the same club? Jermaine Defoe's winner for Bournemouth last night was his first for the club for 16 years.

Comment

Washington FC sign Pascal Chimbonda, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                            Did we have a thread for longest gap between goals for the same club? Jermaine Defoe's winner for Bournemouth last night was his first for the club for 16 years.
                                            Excellent question! I bet there's an Argentine or Uruguayan or Brazilian who can beat that.

I'm buggered if I'm going to look for them at nearly 4 in the morning, but I bet there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Staples View Post
                                              I was at that game. He equalized for Norwich before Bryan Gunn scuffed a backpass to give Ipswich the win. The only game I have ever been to where I have seen stewards actively encouraging fans on to the pitch to goad the visiting support.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                                Excellent question! I bet there's an Argentine or Uruguayan or Brazilian who can beat that.

I'm buggered if I'm going to look for them at nearly 4 in the morning, but I bet there is one.
                                                Rivaldo left Mogi Mirim in 1994 and returned to score in a 3-1 win over Macaé in 2015 at the age of 43 - so a gap of 21 years.

The match was also notable because his son Rivaldinho was on the scoresheet as well.

Comment

Ze Roberto is still playing at 43 for Palmeiras. Andy Legg was playing for Llanelli aged 45 in 2011-12.

Comment

Paul Merson has agreed you play a game for a Welsh League team. He's 49.

Paul Merson to play for fourth-tier Welsh club Caerau of Maesteg - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41578836

Comment

Working...
                                                    X