Torres to the Bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torres to the Bridge?

this is going to go down well in liverpool (and rogins house) if as marca claim chelsea have bid 50 million for torres, gillette and hicks are keen to recoup some money and may well accept

http://www.marca.com/

Torres to the Bridge?

You don't read Spanish, do you?

That would explain the failure to note the "though no negotiations are taking place, as Liverpool have refused to discuss any offer" bit.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

thats not what babel fish said

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

Chelsea are going to "bid" fifty million quid for every player in Europe, right through the summer, to stop all their new-found fans throwing their shirts in the bin and going back off to supporting QPR, Brentford and Fulham, now they're not champions any more. They were buying Ronaldinho, this time last summer.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

Babelfish is picking up Marca's reference to a (completely unsourced) Times piece from a month ago suggesting that Liverpool would be willing to sell Torres and Babel in order to raise 40 million.

I could start half a dozen threads a day on the basis of "information" of this "quality".

It actually would be interesting to know just whose approval is necessary for Liverpool to enter into a transaction of this magnitude in the current context.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

I give my permission, if that'll help speed things along.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

If this thread achieves nothing else (and it doesn't) you can have a lot of fun singing the title in a James Brown call & response style.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

This is being reported in Portugal too (the Chelsea want to buy Torres).

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

Though, if I'm honest, I'm doing it in a more Trouble Funk fashion right now.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

I reckon we might buy the ghost of Pele's footballing talent and implant it into the body of Alex. A mere snip at 200 squillion pounds too, it was in the Currant Bun and everyfink.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

More hilarious are the rumours of Little Michael Owen being a Man Utd transfer target. I reckon his agent is a busy man at the moment, circulating outlandish rumours like that.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

Well, according to OTF/WSC received wisdom, Torres is a useless, diving little squirt who only scores in easy matches, so good riddance, I say.

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

I'm not entirely sure that AIATL represents "OTF/WSC received wisdom".

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

Fernando torres may be a brandon teena with a bad inner ear infection, but he definitely isn't little or a squirt. Not so good on the road in the league though.

It would appear that an actual figure for fernando torres' transfer fee has finally come to light. I was listening to Sid Lowe on the radio last night and he said that Liverpool paid £24 million for Torres, with another £2.5 million on performance etc. For instance liverpool have had to pay £500,000 because he scored 20 league goals.

What Chelsea need to do to get better athtis whole transfer circus is get their own newspaper like Real Madrid do with marca, then they can run stories like "Alex ferguson's agents are unsure that he wants to stay at manchester united and is thinking about leaving to join Chelsea. All that is needed is for him to put pressure on his own club"

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

Liverpool should keep Torres & Babel up front, with new Iraqi signing Zig-ur-rat coming in after impressing further down the Pyramid.

AIATL: isn't the Evil Standard looking for a buyer?

Comment

Torres to the Bridge?

fuck me that is a terrible pun.

Comment

Working...
                                X