• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/7395831.stm

£16.2m for a full back? Hell's teeth!

How much?

Its an ongoing theme. I'm still spinning from the £10m spurs paid rangers for alan hutton. Looked like he'd a hand in both liverpool goals yesterday, and almost got an og too.

Comment

How much?

Jesus, you'd hope he's better than Ferreira. He's a player who's just fallen off the edge of the planet in terms of form.

Comment

How much?

I mean, not all that long ago that money bought you Alan Shearer, and I think I know who is likely to be more remembered for their impact on the Premiership in 20 years time.

Comment

How much?

Firstly, he's an incredible player and they've done well to secure this before the Euro where his price would probably rise considerably. Secondly, if you look at the price of previous defenders sold by Porto, he's something of a bargain. People laughed when Real Madrid paid €30million for Pepé, but they got a player who was unanimously thought of as the best centre back in Portuguese football and has definitely proven his worth this season. I personally think Chelsea have paid a very fair price for Bosingwa. He is excellent defensively, very very fast and has a brilliant deep cross.

However, the other defender that Porto are trying to offload, Bruno Alves, isn't much kop.

Comment

How much?

It was 11 years ago and it was a world record transfer fee at the time. This is like paying £5 million for a fullback in 1997

Comment

How much?

It was 11 years ago and it was a world record transfer fee at the time. This is like paying £5 million for a fullback in 1997
              So he's like Warren Barton then?

Comment

How much?

yes. Warren barton was the most expensive defender in the world when he signed for Newcastle.

Comment

Working...
                X