Kevin McCabe watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin McCabe watch

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/Barnwell-frontrunner-for-Sheffield-United.4066083.jp

Good points: he's ruled out Terry Venables

Bad Points: he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's on about, and Barnwell is, as far as I know, as little englander as they come. 'Someone of substance' indeed.

Kevin McCabe watch

At work i have to listen to "Football Heaven" on BBC Radio Sheffield because my coleague is a Wednesday fan. Talking from a South Yorkshire point of view, your problems are nothing compared to Rotherham. Now Wednesday are Championship next year you will get good takeover offers.

I feel sorry for Rotherham. Mr Booth is a proper arsehole. Claims to be a Rotherham fan, but charges the club exhorbitant rent, and demands more perks than you can imagine
    which include tickets to the FA Cup final, VIP access to home and away games and free use of the club physio up to three times a week.
    He's been blocking takeover bids and is practically bankrupting the club single handed, then wonders why they want to set up a new ground elsewhere. Which of course is yet more expense. The words "rock" and "hard place" spring to mind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/7366608.stm

The Booth family have threatened legal action unless their existing perks, including VIP FA Cup tickets, are retained.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/7373886.stm

Comment

Kevin McCabe watch

Crikey, I feel sorry for you. I've been banned from football heaven as it ruined too many mealtimes and made me far too aware of minor injuries to Chesterfield reserves for someone living in Finland. The wednesday bits were almost always depressing too.

I believe Rotherham have their own thread somewhere, but I'm sure GO will appreciate the hijack and i appreciate saving the nil, so a Rotherham thread this shall be...

Comment

Kevin McCabe watch

Good points: he's ruled out Terry Venables

Bad Points: he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's on about, and Barnwell is, as far as I know, as little englander as they come. 'Someone of substance' indeed.
        Compared with the various ne're-do-wells and 2nd rate scallywags we have endured over the years McCabe is a veritable sage in comparison.

It is the case that he didn't manage the PR of the Tevez case very well but in effect we were stitched up by Scudatwat and the Martin Samuels led media clapped the applause.

By and large Blades fans regard McCabe with great respect and if he appoints Barnwell to a co-ordinating role that's all right by me.

Comment

Kevin McCabe watch

Bombanero wrote:
          I believe Rotherham have their own thread somewhere, but I'm sure GO will appreciate the hijack and i appreciate saving the nil, so a Rotherham thread this shall be...
          We'll stick to DM's original thread. Especially now as it's been Shay-jacked...

Comment

Kevin McCabe watch

Jesus, first Robson, then Barnwell. Are they on a mission to become a walking Hovis advert of olde-time how we used to live football men? Who's next? Howard Kendall?

Barnwell was still saying 'black lads didn't like winter' in 1992 for fucks sake. He was yesterday's man 16 years ago, and yet MacCabe wants to give him a job.

Comment

Kevin McCabe watch

Jesus, first Robson, then Barnwell. Are they on a mission to become a walking Hovis advert of olde-time how we used to live football men? Who's next? Howard Kendall?
              No, we've already done the Kendall thing.

I'm not sure what the job is but my understanding at the moment is that it involves some co-ordination of the various bits of McCabe's experimental football empire and a bit of scouting. Even if he is appointed he will have nothing to do with team matters at Bramall Lane.

Comment

Kevin McCabe watch

He'll be the international face of Sheffield United. The man who has spent the last 10 years railing against these foreign managers poisoning our game with their trendy new ideas, like 'tactics' and 'passing to a team mate'.

I don't know what Bobby Davison has done since he ruined that perfectly good 1-1 draw in 1991, but him McCabe appointing him to manage Ferencvaros had me in stitches for some reason. McCabe has a lot of convincing to do after last summer.

Comment

Kevin McCabe watch

There might be no job now. 7.8 magnitude earthquake 60 miles from Chengdu.

Comment

Working...
                  X