Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might Mike Ashley, in fact, be a genius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a keffiyeh makes a good alternative place to a t-shirt sleeve for keeping your tabs in.

Comment

Well, the Met have confirmed nothing to to see here.

https://twitter.com/MPSCroydon/statu...qJpSLW4FA&s=19

Comment

Are they legally obliged to "investigate" every such complaint?

Comment

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1452515858803220482?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Are they legally obliged to "investigate" every such complaint?
            I think so, and people got a bit pissed off at the wording of their original tweet saying they took all cases 'very seriously', but I think that's most likely just standard wording and I can't imagine there would have been much actual investigating going on, in this case.

Comment

Thank you.

There is no such expectation or rule here, largely because having one would be seen as an invitation to all and sundry to overwhelm the police with dubious complaints. There is an obligation for them to accept such complaints, but a reasonable proportion of them are never acted on at all.

Comment

Beheady Eddie is official I believe.

Comment

A direct quote from the owners "He (Howe) is a great fit for what we are trying to build here"
                  Unspoken, but understood "And even if he wasn't we could obviously lop some bits off until he was"

Comment

NUFC Pride have made a statement backing their new owners against protests from pride fans of the three clubs they’ve played so far ferchrissakes. Talk of collaboration to prevent future protests if and when they hear of them! Even the more unwoke element of our support are laying into them over it on our forums though their motivation may be as mixed up as the NUFC Pride idiots brains obviously are.
                    How many times can one shark be jumped?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post
                      Beheady Eddie is official I believe.
                      Eddie "Ow!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Eddie "Ow!!!!"
                        Don’t start. Please. I could nick dozens from our forums before even starting on new run out music suggestions.

Comment

NUFC Pride are normally strong on trans issues AFAIK, which I doubt go down well with the owners.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 08-11-2021, 17:00.

Comment

"NUFC Pride" are a shameful bunch of chancers who should shut up shop and go home.

Comment

NUFC Pride have made a statement backing their new owners against protests from pride fans of the three clubs they’ve played so far ferchrissakes. Talk of collaboration to prevent future protests if and when they hear of them!
                              Is that 'United with Pride' or another group? I've looked on the former's twitter and can't see a statement, though did find out they appear to be a club sanctioned/run supporter's group so are pretty bogus anyway.

Comment

Maybe we need a new NUFC thread and keep this for when Ashley buys another club?

Comment

In (almost) the words of another Northeast legend,
                                  "Howe, can you expect to be taken seriously? "

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    Maybe we need a new NUFC thread and keep this for when Ashley buys another club?
                                    That would be so breathtakingly bewildering as to be exactly the thing he would do. Links with Derby have been brought to attention mainly I assume from Sports Direct geographical HQ. But yep if there was ever another club that proves he has learned nothing from his experience of owning a football club they would be the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Is that 'United with Pride' or another group? I've looked on the former's twitter and can't see a statement, though did find out they appear to be a club sanctioned/run supporter's group so are pretty bogus anyway.
                                      @adamcrafton_ is yer man on Twitter. He’s one of those TheAthletic journos with the stuff on “United With Pride” also stuff by Max Rushden of The Guardian and Talkshite. It makes bizarre reading.
                                      By the way if there’s another organisation that I’ve confused them with or may have caused someone else to do so then my deepest apologies.

Comment

And I'm sure they'll let us know when those private talks have resulted in LGBTQ+ liberation across Saudi Arabia. We get the same shit here from Bayern Munich when they're criticised by their own fans (a huge protest banner was unveiled at Saturday's game with Freiburg) for holding training camps in Qatar and having Qatar Airways as their official airline. "Oh, don't worry, we're changing the system from within." Right, so how's that going? Are talks at too sensitive a stage to comment just yet? No worries, I'm sure Oliver Kahn's putting in the hours out there and is set to unveil Qatar as a multi-party, transparent democracy any day now.

Comment

This month's WSC editorial seems to have been caught up in the general mood of optimism among many of the club's fans: 'Each new manager will have the requisite Champions League experience...'

Comment

Howe has the Champions League experience they require for the next 2 years, i.e. none.

Comment

They’ve a pretty stiff set of fixtures leading up to the January window. His promotion from the second flight experience may be whats required if he doesn’t hit the ground running. Though I suppose all fixtures are stiff when you’ve only got three top half Pl quality players at your club. ASM, Wilson and Willock. Motivating the rest to put themselves out of a job at the biggest club most will probably ever play for is going to be his most difficult thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Howe has the Champions League experience they require for the next 2 years, i.e. none.
                                                Ooh, that was below the belt. But it made me chuckle.

Comment

They’ve a pretty stiff set of fixtures leading up to the January window. His promotion from the second flight experience may be whats required if he doesn’t hit the ground running. Though I suppose all fixtures are stiff when you’ve only got three top half Pl quality players at your club. ASM, Wilson and Willock. Motivating the rest to put themselves out of a job at the biggest club most will probably ever play for is going to be his most difficult thing.
                                                  Worst start in club history stats wise and yes performances as well as results match all previous relegation seasons seen 1978 onwards. Reasons for optimism being been there and quite recently under Rafa. Comfortably avoided relegation and that without major improvements in January. Think they will be forthcoming this time. Enough to get above bottom three.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X