Sacked managers - Close season special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what sort of response Holdsworth gets when he visits us, what with him having taken Winkelman's shilling and all.

Comment

Did he indeed? I hadn't realised that. Though it may go some way to explain why, when he came to Newport as a player last year, Holdsworth announced that he'd play for free because he was already independently wealthy.

Comment

Whenever I think of Dean Holdsworth, I think of him skying that open goal over the bar in the Bolton-Villa Cup semi-final, and I laugh heartily.

Comment

Dean Holdsworth on Newport, and AFC Wimbledon's promotion:

"It's terrific for Wimbledon, I am so pleased for AFC, and I can't wait to have a clash between the two football clubs. It will be a friendly rivalry and a great game for me personally as someone who loved their time with the club.*

Interview here

Comment

Hot Orangey Thing wrote:
            Whenever I think of Dean Holdsworth, I think of him skying that open goal over the bar in the Bolton-Villa Cup semi-final, and I laugh heartily.
            I always think the indelible mark he left on the world was his association with Lindsay Dawn McKenzie.

Comment

Within the next two weeks or sometime at the end of June expect Brian Laws to be sacked and Alan Shearer in the door at Sheffield Wednesday.

I'm just waiting for the signal and I'll be over to William Hill before you can say "There's only one greedy bastard"

Comment

Can you hear that Avram? That's a big clock - ticking away.

Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock...

Comment

Working...
                X