Scudamore - a Danish King of England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else catch this odious fool's blitherings on Radio 5 sports earlier. Totally missed Keegan's point about the Premiership being boring; yes, Mr Scudamore, this particular chapter may be exciting because it's going to the last day, but the main characters haven't really changed much recently, have they? The story ends up the same each time.

However, what really got my goat was his attitude towards Manchester City's backroom brawls. He was asked about whether ejecting Erikson may be a tad hasty and if the good Dr might think about what the fans thought and he said along the lines of "Well, of course, there are the people who actually make the decisions because they own the clubs and the people who just think they own the clubs, the fans".

I'm so glad he's got the best interests of the game at heart.

Ooh, synchronicity.

Congratulations on mentioning a far more odious point than any I noticed (wonder why the Sven thing didn't make it into Tom Davies' Guardian article?), and going about it with a bit more decorum..

Comment

Well, I can be a bit more restrained because football is my second sport. But don't get me started on the ELVs...

Scudamore is a prime example of what's wrong with football, though.

Comment

(wonder why the Sven thing didn't make it into Tom Davies' Guardian article?)

You could always ask him. I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Comment

really? who am him?

now i've calmed down slightly, i've realised it wasn't in there because it has fuck all to do with the story at hand.

Comment

Totally missed Keegan's point about the Premiership being boring;

What exactly was keegan's point. What I heard was That keegan isn't up to it any more, is making excuses before a ball is kicked, and is whinging about not having enough cash before going out to spend a fortune on shite?

That's what I took from keegan's comments. What I took from Harry Redknapp's comments was "well Isn't it great that I'm never going to be under pressure to achieve, no matter how much money I spend, or how many players I sign, but isn't the premier league great because there are so many billionaires prepared to throw the fans cash at insiders like me."

Scudamore is a toad, but the idea of a perpetual and eternal predetermined big four is just horseshit. particularly when you bear in mind that two of those clubs have debts of £1.2 billion between them and one of them is in a perpetual state of war.

It's just lazy cuntstwaddle from fuckers who just aren't up to it and who want to remove any possibility of ever being under pressure to succeed.

Comment

Remind me again of the English participants in the Champions League next season? Oh look, it's them again and again and again and again and again.

And if anyone other than them again gets into the Champions League slots come May 2009, I'll eat my hat.

Comment

It was late-afternoon web churnalism on the hoof. It got covered elsewhere (after I'd gone home)

Comment

The only thing that really stopped everton from getting into the champions league this season was bad injuries to their two most important players Cahill and Arteta at key times of the season. That they were in the hunt for so long despite these absences and with their Uefa cup run is very impressive.

I see no reason why Aston villa couldn't be in the CL places next season. A couple of decent defenders in the summer and spend a bit of cash, and this season's second top scorers could make it. They do have a manager who knows what he is doing.

I would listen to your complaint though ahead of The bleatings of the manager of the club that hasn't made a single good transfer decision since signing shay given 11 years ago, or a man who bought and sold 133 players in 7 years at west ham.

If you want a reason why a lot of premiership clubs just get stuffed by teams from the big four, just look at this list of players.
                  Boa Morte £5 million
                  Quashie £1.5 million
                  Upson £6 million
                  Neil £1.5 million
                  Parker £7 million
                  Faubert £6 million
                  Bellamy £7.5 million
                  Ljungberg £3 million
                  Dyer £6 million
                  Solanon free

That's over £40,000,000 on players who are either all hopeless past it or hopelessly injury prone, or no good, or a mixture of all three. What they all have in common though is that most of them are on at least £60,000 each.

The reason that the big four are the big four is that they make fewer mistakes than anyone else, and their managers fuck up less often. Most of the time it isn't really lack of resources, just lack of a proper fucking manager with a brain between his ears.

Lets face it, Liverpool were fucking shit for most of this season, and arsenal were shit for most of last season. The bar to getting into the top four isn't that high. It's just too high for most managers.

So forgive me if I don't pay too much heed to a bunch of cunts who have made most of their legal fortune through getting sacked from clubs.

It could be worse, it could be a big three like in Italy, a big two like in spain or a big one like france or germany.

Comment

Working...
                  X