X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the best of all possible worlds

oops

"The total interest payable by the club on its borrowings was £81m, although only £42m was actually paid. The rest, which accrued on the millions owed to hedge funds, is allowed to roll up until the whole amount has to be repaid in 2016, or, alternatively, until the Glazers can refinance it. A total of £152m is currently owed to hedge funds, at 14.25% interest a year - £22m from 2007-08. Last year the Glazers tried to refinance but were unable to strike a deal with financial institutions, and a spokesman acknowledged that the credit crunch is making it more difficult now."

I guess that they can always hope that the hedge funds go bust before the baloon payment is due . . .

Comment

the numbers are astonishing aren't they. Particularly when you bear in mind that it isn't going to get financially a whole lot better than a season where you win the league, get to the FA cup final, and get to the CL semi final while turning a profit on player sales.

Comment

They are.

I knew that the original announcement was massively spun, but this is significantly worse than I had imagined.

You should be careful about "win the league", btw.

Comment

I'm talking about last season, which is when the figures are from

Comment

Indeed, I realised that when I re-read "get to the FA cup final", but somehow failed to edit the last bit out.

I'm traumatised by all of the "Inter's 16th Scudetto" tat that is for sale around here at the moment. If they keep it up, it will all be on its way to Burmese cyclone victims in two weeks.

Comment

You sadistic bastard.

Comment

I'm traumatised by all of the "Inter's 16th Scudetto" tat that is for sale around here at the moment. If they keep it up, it will all be on its way to Burmese cyclone victims in two weeks.

I think that's unduly harsh, ursus - they only need one win from two games, and it's not every week they'll be up against a world-beating performance like the one Patrick Vieira turned in for Milan.

Comment

I'm expecting a few hundred more on the gate at FC United next season. Even my brother in law, who's at the vanguard of the "It doesn't matter who owns the club" faction is getting seriously pissed off.

My sympathy for the fans who continue to complain about having to find the money for their season tickets is waning. There's only so many ways you can say 'I told you so' before you just have to scream it in their face.

Comment

Working...
                  X