Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tee Rex, Art, Max Payne ...

Wembley!

Four goals in the last half hour at Plainmoor. It simply doesn't get any better than that!

I hope it's Burton Albion in the final. Cambridge I'd be nervous about.

I promised myself I wouldn't let hope through the door. I've been a secure fortress of pessimism all season, disguised as indifference. Foolishly, I allowed myself to listen to the commentary, but when Torquay scored I felt vindicated. And at peace with the world.

Exeter City are cruel bastards, they really are.

Comment

Loving it. Hoping for one better. Torquay are now officially 'Tinpot'!

Comment

Exeter fans on board this one is for you

Richard Logan makes it 3-1

Comment

Hope those so-called Cup finalists haven't ripped the pitch to shit to disturb our pristine passing game tomorrow. It's disgraceful, really, that they could allow a game like that to be played on the Wembley pitch ahead of such an important game tomorrow.

Never mind the fucking Pompey chimes, it's going to be

"i-oh, City, City I-oh.."

Comment

Is this the official 'Cambridge United are Back, Back, Back' thread?

Come on the U's!

Comment

Paul Carden, who plays for Cambridge, has a brother called Adam who plays for FC United.

Fancy that.

Comment

Mooooooosse

Do they still do that?

Anyway, come on you U's.

Comment

Ah, bollocks. I posted some waffle and it disappeared. IT'S A SIGN.

*in a small, small voice* ... Come on City!

Comment

My decision not to go today is vindicated - up the bleddy city. I've seen Exeter play 4 times, and the only time they won was the time I was supporting the opposition. All bodes bloody well for Stockport...

Comment

God dammit, that's the second time this season I've backed a losing team with gold in their shirt colour in a play-off final.

I hope Leeds have to play in some sort of gold away shirt - if so I'm rooting for them next weekend.

Congratulations to the Exeter City contingent anyway. It wasn't the best game, but they worked hard and had the best chances. My support of Cambridge decreased slightly when Leo 'all elbows' Fortune-West came on.

Comment

We're a league club, Torquay aren't. Balance is restored in a small way to the overall yin and yang of life.

Comment

Bollocks. till I bet OTF had a better turnout at the Cambridge end - I think all of noj, Janik and Hissing fauna went.

Cambridge's proud "never lost at Wembley" record is shattered. Never lost at the old Wembley it will have to be now.

Comment

Well, that was all a bit disappointing. We (Cambridge) never really got going, and I can't really recall a single good chance (apart from possibly that Peters one which was cleared off the line).

Exeter looked better in the first half, and defended very well in the second. I think Quinn missed a trick with starting with McEvilly and Boylan up front though, there's just no pace between those two.

Still, enjoyed my first visit to the 'new' Wembley and met some very nice fans both in Amber and Red. The acoustics seem a little odd though - near the end we could see all the Exeter fans making a noise (bouncing up and down, flag waving etc) but couldn't really hear a thing.

Comment

What was the attendance?

Comment

Top tier shut, so appeared fairly full.

Comment

Oh yeah, and I also met Dion Dublin on Sunday.

Which was nice.

Comment

Sweet. And we personally kept Torquay down. Worth losing last year just to really do it proper.

Comment

Working...
                                    X