Forces Home grounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forces Home grounds

I was at a BBQ at RAF Uxbridge today, wondering about taking the children for a walk i asked what the sports ground was. It is where the RAF play their home football and rugby matches

what division are they in, as i went in can i tick it off on facebook?

where do the navy and army play their games?

Forces Home grounds

Ulster Volunteer Force

Irish Republican Army

(Only joking lads...)

Comment

Forces Home grounds

what is the IRA ground? been to most dublin grounds and don't recognise it. is it one of the catholic NI teams?

Comment

Forces Home grounds

It's Solitude in Belfast, home to Cliftonville. I went to the primary school next door.

Comment

Forces Home grounds

The RAF, Navy and Army play mostly friendly matches against the likes of the civil service, the police, the fire service, the prison service, county FAs, the English Universities team and the Amateur Football Alliance.

The RAF play most of their home games at Uxbridge, the Army in Aldershot and the Navy in Portsmouth and the three play an annual inter-services senior tournament in the spring. There are also inter-services tournaments for U23s and women.

Comment

Forces Home grounds

As statto99 says the RAF play friendly represenative games.

Uxbridge, is however, used for the RAF Challenge Cup Final.

Does that enable you to tick it off facebook? It's the RAF version of Wembley.

It was/is a lovely playing surface and not bad facilities.

Comment

Forces Home grounds

I think the fact that Rick was there for a barbeque precludes him ticking it off on Facebook, although given what I've sen on my rare visits there it wouldn't totally surprise me if there was a "Football grounds you have visited but only for Barbeques" application.

Comment

Forces Home grounds

Harry Parsons wrote:
                it wouldn't totally surprise me if there was a "Football grounds you have visited but only for Barbeques" application.
                I can add Chesham United to my "Football grounds you have visited but only for a Bonfire/Fireworks Display" application...

Comment

Working...
                X