Clear All

The Great Escape

See? Everyone is happy.

Comment

The Great Escape

I certainly am.

Comment

The Great Escape

It's not fair - I wanted to see Steve Bruce take them down.

The shot of Gold, Sullivan and Brady in the directors box was priceless. As was Gold's almost tearful admission that he may quit as Chairman at the end.

Comment

The Great Escape

I hope Villa fans do something to mark Birmingham's 39th game next season.

Comment

The Great Escape

That would require a level of wit that I don't think exists West of Derby.

(Sorry Villain)

Comment

The Great Escape

Pretend Best Friend wrote:
              I watched most of the Portsmouth v Fulham game. I thought Pompey cruised through the game and I can understand why their fans were bit pissed off.
              A theory from the Bournemouth-supporting semi-pro gambler in my office is that Portsmouth - Fulham game was very very dubious.

I must admit I was amazed by Ashdown's lack of movement to save Murphy's header which was hardly the fastest or most powerful and went right next to him. Add in m'colleague's theorising about Redknapp and Fayed and the conspiracy theory is quite diverting.

Comment

The Great Escape

Don't know about a stitch-up, but I certainly hope Pompey win the cup after that.

Comment

The Great Escape

That is your right.

Redknapp seems to be reaching Ferguson levels of poisonous attitudes towards even his own team's fans , doesn't he? Bitterly complaining about the size of the crowd a few weeks ago (when people were spending hundreds of pounds on Semi and Cup Final tickets and the renewal of Season Tickets to secure them no doubt) and saying he was "slaughtered" by the crowd booing another poor performance yesterday "when they obviously haven't been here for the last 40 years when it's all been dross".

Comment

The Great Escape

must admit I was amazed by Ashdown's lack of movement to save Murphy's header

That made me wonder, too. Either there was a conspiracy or Ashdown wanted to ensure David James didn't miss out on the Cup Final.

Comment

The Great Escape

What odds would you have got on Fulham staying up until after the Birmingham game ?
                      All down to Hodgson.

Comment

The Great Escape

I credit Fultonia's survival to Chrissy Baird. As soon as Hodgson announced the Ballymena bluffer was leaving, results improved.

Here's a puzzler for ye: which Euro 2008 entrant amassed 24 points in the qualifying tournament despite scoring no more goals than David Healy?

Comment

The Great Escape

I was trying to forget about that. Stuart Baxter says they might not base things around Jari Litmanen this time (or rather the idea of Litmanen, the hope of Jari in their hearts when he is unavailable, which is most of the time), and instead go for the yoot dem. He didn't know exactly who the yoot dem were (besides Roman Eremenko), but that doesn't really matter. Finland might have a strategy based around actual players who can actually play this time, so we might just see some goals.

Comment

Working...
                          X