Montenegro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montenegro

The mysterious Balkan outfit, who of course entertain Trapattoni's Ireland on September 10 in the World Cup qualifiers, have tonight stuffed Norway 3-1 in a friendly. The Norwegian goal was a mere consolation by our old friend John Carew with about 15 minutes left.

I don't like the look of this lot. I don't like it at all.

Montenegro

It's ok - we beat Norway 3-0 ... they're rubbish

Comment

Montenegro

Well, yes, but so are we.

Comment

Montenegro

Liechtenstein were beaten 7-1 in Malta tonight, Holland won 4-3 in Austria after being 3-0 down and Brazil won the 1958 rematch 1-0 against Sweden.

Some quite odd results this evening. Have the CONCACAF results come through yet? Toddles off to check...

Comment

Montenegro

USA beat Poland in Krakow 3-0; Mexico currently down 1-2 to Ghana.

Comment

Montenegro

Bahrain beat J**** 1-0.

Comment

Montenegro

Mexico beat Ghana 2-1, Ursus.

That Austria-Holland result is funny.

David Villa's just scored a screamer to put Spain ahead against Italy. Beautiful volley into the near top corner, helped in large part by Barzagli obligingly turning his back and trying to get out of the way as the ball dropped. Why do defenders do that? Are they that afraid of getting a smack of the ball?

Comment

Montenegro

Sorry, Kicker reversed the scores again. So much for Vorsprung Durch Technik.

The Holland result is bizarre. They were down 3-0 after 35 minutes. Then Huntelaar got his first, and Heitinga, Vennegoor of Hesselink and Huntelaar again won it in the last 25 minutes.

Portugal losing at home to Greece is a bit of a surprise as well, and Belgium got hammered 4-1 by Morocco. They look to be in even worse shape than Austria.

Comment

Montenegro

JVOH scored? That's good, it might give him some kind of fillip ahead of Saturday's match.

He's scored a fair number of goals for the club but not, so far, against Them.

Comment

Montenegro

The Belgians have seemingly given up on football altogether. It's about a big a fall from grace that I can remember any international football team having.

I only realised Montenegro were doing so well against Norway when the "bet365" ad was giving some very good odds on a Norweigian win.

Comment

Montenegro

Bosch, not only did JVOH score, but he also set up the winner for Huntelaar. And he was only on the pitch for about 10 minutes. He should be as ready for the weekend as he ever will be.

Comment

Montenegro

Holland aren't going to get out of the group. John Heitinga, Tim de Cler and Giovanni van Bronckhorst all in one defence together. France are going to maul them.

Comment

Montenegro

holland have some decent players, i can see them giving france a game. it's surprising van bronckhorst is still in their team though.

why didn't cristiano ronaldo play for portugal tonight?

Comment

Montenegro

It would be funny if van Basten picked Kuyt ahead of van Nistelrooy again.

Comment

Montenegro

Dusseldorf isn`t in Portugal yet so they didn`t lose at home to Greece. end of pedant alert you can relax now.

Comment

Montenegro

Every time I think of Montenegro I can't help but think of Gatsby -

"I was promoted to be a major, and every Allied government gave me a decoration - even Montenegro, little Montenegro down on the Adriatic Sea!." Little Montenegro! He lifted up the words and nodded at them - with his smile. The smile comprehended Montenegro's troubled history and sympathized with the brave struggles of the Montenegrin people. It appreciated fully the chain of national circumstances which had elicited this tribute from Montenegro's warm little heart.

Comment

Montenegro

Holland, France and Italy each have significant flaws, and predicting who will come out of that group is a highly speculative exercise. I wouldn't count Romania out, either.

Comment

Montenegro

Why were Portugal playing Greece in Dusseldorf?

Comment

Montenegro

More bad news for Bosch. Greek Cyprus's new communist President hopes to agree a program for unity with his Turk counterpart. Imagine how many goals they could score against an O'Shea-led defence.

On the other hand, you should beat Georgia to fifth place.

Comment

Montenegro

I'm disappointed that we don't appear to have an OTF report from Ghana v Mexico at Craven Cottage.

Comment

Montenegro

If the qualifiers are any guide, Romania have more of a chance of getting through to the last eight than Holland.

The Dutch had some awful results in that group (1-2 v Belarus, 1-0 at home to Luxembourg, no goals scored in two games against Romania).

Comment

Montenegro

Belgium must be the only European country to give a new contract to a coach who has failed miserably to qualify for Euro 2008.
                                            The stae of our national side reflects the state of the whole country in my opinion.

Comment

Montenegro

Don't Belgium have a very promising crop of u20 players?

Comment

Montenegro

Yes, and they have qualified for the Olympics, first time since ages we have qualified for team sport (last time was the hockey team, but I don't remember when). But once they play for the A side, they seem to lose all consistance.

Comment

Working...
                                                X