Long Weekend Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Weekend Football

Last home game of the season at Millmoor, against Barnet. Could well be the last game there ever, we'll have to wait and see.

Long Weekend Football

Is that the new Rotherham slogan.

Roll up roll up, last home game ever, roll up.

The Super Spurs are away at Reading, hopefully we can do Fulham a favour.

Comment

Long Weekend Football

JtS wrote:
      Is that the new Rotherham slogan.

Roll up roll up, last home game ever, roll up.
      Ha, we'll use it on an annual basis, just like Hendon...

Comment

Long Weekend Football

home to Chelsea...really looking forward to it which in itself is a huge advance on recent end of season expectations going to the last home game...

should be a good measure of how improved we really are and whether the much vaunted trio of strikers can thrive against the very best..

Comment

Long Weekend Football

Today, watched Cambridge at Burton on TV.
          Sunday, Stoke vs. Leicester on TV with much confusion as to what I want to happen. I would have gone, had Leicester killed Wednesday off in the first half last week (as they had ample chances to do, the fools), but now I'm not sure how I would react, so the box is the better solution.
          Monday, probably watch the 2nd leg of Torquay-Exeter.
          Tuesday, Cambridge-Burton. Got tickets for what will be an extremely crowded and fretful terrace.

Comment

Long Weekend Football

Saturday, BGB Southern Midland playoff final between Leamington and Stourbridge. Would have rather gone to the Oxford City game, but I've been outvoted.

Sunday, Blackpool vs Watford.

Comment

Long Weekend Football

There's a few OTFers going to that game MtHP if you fancy meeting for a beer...

Comment

Long Weekend Football

Saturday or Sunday?

Comment

Long Weekend Football

Today! I've PM'd you my mobile...

Comment

Long Weekend Football

If you wanted to fix a result when better then today in a game of no consequence.

Comment

Long Weekend Football

West Ham conceding four was a certainty anyway.

Comment

Long Weekend Football

Blackpool v Watford... I really wouldn't be suprised if it's the end of Boothroyd at Watford if we don't make the playoffs.

Comment

Long Weekend Football

Now that would be almost as silly as Man City sacking Eriksson.

Watford were in a relegation scrap to avoid League One when Boothroyd took over. He saved them. They then began the following season as strong favourites to struggle again. Boothroyd got them promoted. No-one seriously thought, with the squad available, Watford could stay up in their Premiership season, surely?
                          So, in his time at Watford, Boothroyd has had half a bad season, the last few months. And that 'bad' patch is only relative, given how much the man himself has raise expectations with a brilliant start (hence the Eriksson/City comparison). Not being allowed a few poor months does nothing at all for the stability or long-term success of a club.

Not that I think you could do anything about it yourself, barndoorio, even if you disagreed, but would you be in favour of his sacking?

Comment

Working...
                          X